PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Electric 19.2V Cordless Impact Wrench

planet6racing
01-13-2003, 10:50 AM
I was flipping through HarborFreight this morning and came across this gem:

19.2V Cordless Impact Wrench

Powerful 220 ft*lbf of torque anywhere you want it. No hose or cord to slow you down. Includes one hour quick charger and vinyl wrist strap.

* 19.2V heavy duty battery for plent of power.
* Rugged metal nose cap.
* Continuous run time: 45 minutes.
* Comfort grip handle.
Drive: 1/2"; Maximum torque: 220 ft*lbf; Impacts: 2600 BPM; Maximum speed: 2000 RPM; Tool weight: 6.5 lbs

Item 46701-2RVH
$119.99

This is from Catalog 740 (winter 2002), page 32, lower right corner.

Since this doesn't appear to be the type that only gives one or two blows before it needs to rewind (it does say up to 2600 blows per minute), it seems like this would be a pretty good deal!

------------------

Bill
92 Saturn SL2 (SCCA ITA)
93 Saturn SL2 (Daily driver/backup car)
Planet 6 Racing
[email protected]

Fleetcare
01-13-2003, 05:11 PM
many local autox ppl use that. Works very well and they lend it to just about everyone. Its got the battery to last a while and seems pretty rugged... I would buy one but I can't seem to think "impact wrench" when I go into buying moods http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Fleetcare
01-13-2003, 05:11 PM
many local autox ppl use that. Works very well and they lend it to just about everyone. Its got the battery to last a while and seems pretty rugged... I would buy one but I can't seem to think "impact wrench" when I go into buying moods http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

machschnell
01-13-2003, 10:55 PM
I got it for xmas, and the $10 set of metric impact sockets, I've used it already, and all I can say is WOW. Broke loose lug nuts fast and easy. Only bad thing is there is no torque setting, so it's either ON or OFF, not good if you like to tighten lug nuts with it.

PJ

------------------
83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB

Fleetcare
01-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by machschnell:
Only bad thing is there is no torque setting, so it's either ON or OFF, not good if you like to tighten lug nuts with it.

PJ

thats what torque sticks are for!

machschnell
01-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Fleetcare:

Originally posted by machschnell:
Only bad thing is there is no torque setting, so it's either ON or OFF, not good if you like to tighten lug nuts with it.

PJ

thats what torque sticks are for!

got a set of them for xmas too! My Dad got tired of letting me borrow (keep) them all the time.

PJ

------------------
83 Rabbit GTI - future ITB