PDA

View Full Version : Tach/Shift Light

wayno
08-25-2002, 09:03 PM
Anyone have a suggestion/source for a reasonable priced tach with remote shift light?

fiestadude
08-26-2002, 08:31 AM
I bought a AutoMeter Sport Comp from http://www.summitracing.com/. It is a 5" with an adjustable shift light that is mounted on the side of the tach.

I looked for months before I found it.

$107.00

Here is the product #: ATM-233904

Hope this helps.

------------------
JJ
#62 ITC

chuck baader
08-26-2002, 09:39 AM
contact fellow racer derek smith, [email protected] he posted here about 6 weeks ago and has developed a compact very reasonable light. has 4 leds, all rpm adjustable with simple 3 wire hookup. am installing my beta unit today. production racer units will also come with a separate module containing a brake indicator and full throttle indicator. future plans include data acquisition upgrades at way, way less money than stack or pi systems. hope this helps.

------------------
Chuck Baader
SEDIV ITS #36
E30 BMW

chuck baader
08-26-2002, 01:08 PM
oops!! make that [email protected], etc...just finished wireing mine and i think it will be great.

------------------
Chuck Baader
SEDIV ITS #36
E30 BMW

Chris Wire
08-26-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by fiestadude:
I bought a AutoMeter Sport Comp from http://www.summitracing.com/. It is a 5" with an adjustable shift light that is mounted on the side of the tach.

I looked for months before I found it.

$107.00

Here is the product #: ATM-233904

Actually, that tach is from their AutoGage series, which is listed as a street series. The actual Sport Comp tach part number is 3904. Summit sells them for $157.95, I sell them to my IT brethren at $147.

Chris Wire
[email protected]

wayno
08-26-2002, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info. Do any of these tachs allow for a remote mounting of the shift light as opposed to on the side of the tach? I have seen one and think that would provide more flexability.

Chris Wire
08-26-2002, 04:50 PM
Wayno,

The shift light on the Autometer 3904 can be removed simply by loosening the mounting band that holds the tach in place. The shift light actually has its own bracket that has holes in it already to do exactly what you want.

I ran this tach for 5 years in my AS car in just that configuration. Tach off the right side of the gauge cluster, out of the way and yet still visible to me and the camcorder. Shift light on top of the cluster, just to the right of center and easily within my peripheral vision so that I didn't need to take my eyes off the road to react to the light.

------------------
Chris Wire
Team Wire Racing
ITS Mazda RX7 #35
[email protected]

wayno
08-26-2002, 09:33 PM
Chris,
Sounds like what I'm looking for. How about email me with order details. <[email protected]>
Wayne

------------------
Wayne Briggs
CenDiv
ITA Capri