PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Ledges 2hr Enduro

DaveITB1
07-25-2004, 10:56 PM
Anyone signing up for the 2hr event on Saturday, August 7th?

seamus88
07-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Otto's Mini will be there.

DaveITB1
07-26-2004, 11:37 PM
My registration just went in. Any idea of the size of the field to date. I read that it is limited to the first 40 cars.

I don't want to tow 11hrs if it is all full up????

DaveITB1
08-09-2004, 12:17 AM
A big THANK YOU to all the workers involved in the 2hr enduro this past weekend. Even though it was a small field, you guys (and gals) stuck it out and allowed us the support staff to make it happen.

Even with my spin at the end of the race, I had a ball and glad I came !!!!! I hope we all put on a good show too.

See you in October when we get to do it all over again.......

Dave Austin
ITB BMW #1

JohnRW
08-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Dave -

You and Chris and the guys in the Mini put on the only show worth watching during the first hour. It got particular attention on the 'Flag Net', as Chris' step-mom was working F&C at T11 during the race.

Nice to meet you, and fun racing with you. Glad you enjoyed another typical laid-back Nelson Ledges weekend. Please pass the word around to everybody in the eastern end of NEDiv that Nelson Ledges is a great place to race (in spite of the rumors).

See ya in October at the 'Pumpkin' , or maybe at the WGI 3 hour.

[This message has been edited by JohnRW (edited August 09, 2004).]

DaveITB1
08-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JohnRW:
Dave -

You and Chris and the guys in the Mini put on the only show worth watching during the first hour. It got particular attention on the 'Flag Net', as Chris' step-mom was working F&C at T11 during the race.

Nice to meet you, and fun racing with you. Glad you enjoyed another typical laid-back Nelson Ledges weekend. Please pass the word around to everybody in the eastern end of NEDiv that Nelson Ledges is a great place to race (in spite of the rumors).

See ya in October at the 'Pumpkin' , or maybe at the WGI 3 hour.

Hey John,

Yeah, that first half of the race was a lot of fun. I had never run an enduro where I was nose to tail for that long. Sorry I couldn't keep up with you during the 2nd leg.

I looked at my tires when I got back home and they were fried, esp the left front (12 races on them). I think that is why I did the ice skating maneuver at the end. I met Chris' Step-mom b/c she was working the corner that I spun in. She is a sweetheart.

I also looked at my video and the only part that was in focus was the 2 pace laps and the 1st lap of the race. After that it wouldn't keep focused. Oh well.

I really enjoyed that track and look for ward to future events. Hopefully they can get their finances in order so that those running just the enduro don't have to pay the regional race fee as well !!!!!! I think that will help to boost attendance.

I'll be at the 3hr at Watkins. Will you be in the rabbit or the SRF?

Dave A.
ITB#1