PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna try to beat us at VIR?

Knestis
08-02-2004, 10:28 PM
I understand that Jeff Young is on a team that will be running a Spec Miata at the 13-hour VIR enduro in October.

Who else is going to be there? I understand from the registrar that they are up to 55(?) cars, with more inquiries coming in...

Kirk

www.it2.evaluand.com/gti (http://www.it2.evaluand.com/gti)

JOESELLSVW
08-02-2004, 10:55 PM
The Otto's MINI will be there. So will John Walsh in a SM. We're looking forward to it. JOE

JohnRW
08-03-2004, 12:20 AM
I don't know, Joe...we may just drag the SSC car down there. Your Mini has been tough at the two 12 hours this year, and as our C car is going to turn into a pumpkin next year, we might just beat it mercilessly until the end of its usable life. The other John and I had this discussion last week, as we were unloading from the Nelson 12. Add some of the mid-Atlantic Neons to the mix and SSC could be almost as good a show as the SM's.

We finally have decent cornering lights (only took 6 years...), now we just need some good low-wattage flame throwers. $$$.

My SM has a problem buried deep in the wiring harness, and may just get sacrificed in our version of a Viking funeral if it doesn't run soon.

gwalsh
08-03-2004, 01:19 PM
John, you have to bring the Nissan to VIR. We need another chance to "slay the dragon" er... the pumkin. Are you going to Nelson this weekend for the 2 hour?

------------------
Gerry Walsh
Otto's Motorsport
SSC MINI Cooper
" I'm pedaling as fast as I can! "

JohnRW
08-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Jerry - I'll be at Nelson Ledges, with my pooched-out B car. Slow but steady. The other John is floating around somewhere off of Alaska now. You may have SSC to yourself.

RTP Racing
08-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Kirk,

Yeah, the rest of the Jeff Young crew include myself, Mark Whight (ITA), Robert Mitchell (IT7), and Ricky Thompson (IT7). There may be a fifth driver, Alyn Robson the co-founder of the MaX-5 Racing series in the UK. We will be running a Spec Miata that is currently about 80% built.

55 cars? Wow, it's filling up. Looks like pit space may be an issue.....

BTW - how did the CCPS race go for you on Sat?? Nice to see the car cornering flatter around the turns!

Cheers, Mark

Knestis
08-09-2004, 01:37 PM
There's an update from the Saturday race at www.it2.evaluand.com/gti (http://www.it2.evaluand.com/gti) under the Events link. It has to be called a success...

K