PDA

View Full Version : 13 Hours at Virginia International Raceway

Knestis
04-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Is anyone else planning on running the Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13 hours in October? We are and I'm thinking about being proactive and coordinating sharing a pit with someone so we don't have to take pot luck.

They are accepting 90 entries and there are only 50 pit spaces so the math is self explanatory. How about someone else who's building a MkIII Golf ITB car? Hmm?

K

tac911t
04-21-2004, 10:21 AM
A couple of us are thinking of putting a team together to run my ITB Nissan 200SX for the 13 hours. As we put this together, I can let you know.

For planning purposes, the 13 hour weekend is the same weekend as a NASCAR race in Martinsville. Most if not all of the hotels in the area are/will be booked, and the nighly rates will be NASCAR prices. Camping at VIR is an option.

zracer22
04-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Kirk,
I don't think you need to worry about sharing pits. I seriously doubt that more than 50 will be in the race. Not many people can budget for a 13 hour race at the end of the season. Basically you would need to do your "winter freshening" of the car before and after. Seems to me like a bad time for the race. I ran in the 8 hour race last year in June, and it wasn't very well attended. I'm guessing that the Summit 12 hour had something to do with that, and the fact that it wasn't announced until the season already started. They should have just kept the same date. I would guess that most would rather run 13 at VIR full course vs 12 at SP.

JohnRW
04-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Kirk -

Depends on the car you bring...we might just sabotage a few of your stops if you bring an SSC car.

The October date is actually a positive, IMO. Nat'l guys who want to run enduros are done with the whole RunOffs thing by then. Note the 60+ entries (and a long waiting list) for the Watkins Glen October "Last Chance" enduro - lots of people who only appear at Nat'ls during the fat part of the season showed up in unfamiliar seats for that one.

We're possibly bringing 2 cars - we may run an SM and rent out the SSC car, if we haven't killed it by then (it's doing its 6th straight SP 12, and we gotta run SOMETHING at the NL 12). Decisions, decisions...

Email me again, and we'll talk.

IPRESS
04-24-2004, 10:41 PM
What is the date for the 13 Hour?

Knestis
04-24-2004, 11:53 PM
It's official that we'll be running in ITB with new parts on the car. Actually, it'll be somewhere between SS and IT - sort of "old skool" IT, with struts, rear bar, and the interior removed...

Date is October 22-23. Let me know if you need the sups and I'll email them.

K

Mike Spencer
06-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by IPRESS:
What is the date for the 13 Hour?

According to http://www.ncrscca.com/Calendar.htm it is October 22-23.

I know the region is aware of the hotel "shortage". They have already started a campaign to help place workers in nearby homes overnight.

I do F&C, but I crewed during the first COTHB last summer. If my guy is running again, I'll be in the pits.

------------------
Mike Spencer
NC Region
1986 RX-7 Build In-Process
1990 RX-7 Convertible In-Driveway