PDA

View Full Version : 2 hour enduro drivers change

jhooten
07-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Does a two hour enduro usually require a drivers change?

Tom Donnelly
07-21-2003, 03:39 PM
You can run the whole race yourself.
You have to get out for the 5 minute manditory pit stop.

If you do the 2 hours yourself..

Get friends to do the re-fuel, its a pain
to get out, fuel, and get back in.

Get radios. You'll want someone to at least tell you how close to the finish you are.
Or tell you that the race has been over for
three laps now and its time to go home.

Don't expect to learn any more from a 2 hour race than a 20 lap session. I've found that the 20 laps are easier to remember and learn from.

Tom

jhooten
07-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks, I was going to share the car with my son but I don't think we are going to get his second school in time. The two hour is going to be more of a test of the car before the 6 hour comming up in November. And with luck he will get both schools done by then.

mmasters
07-24-2003, 12:56 PM
The other thing to consider with running and enduro is the ability to split expenses between two drivers. This was the primary reason we are running enduros.

The comment on the radio is a great idea. One other thing you may want to consider is a "DATACam" for overlaying engine data on the video so you and your codriver can compare what each one is doing in a specific corner, then one or the other change to match the fast line through the corner.

Where are you running the enduros?

------------------
#73 ITS Acura Integra GSR
SCCA ECR

jhooten
07-24-2003, 04:24 PM
The 2 hour is at Hallet in August and the 6 hour at Texas World Speedway in November.