PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Targa Newfoundland Rally

racer-025
06-09-2003, 02:53 PM
The 2nd Annual 2003 Targa Newfoundland Rally will be held in September on the Island Province of Newfoundland on the Atlantic Canadian coast. This Tarmac Rally is a world class rally using the famous Tasmania rally as the mould. It features 2000kms (1200mi), 40 stages over 7 days of competition throughout the Province of Newfoundland on existing roads & highways that are closed for competition during those particular stages. The dates are September 13 - 21.

There are two classes of competition. "Targa" Class; high speed - basically fast as you can go. Requires a competition license and fully prepared street legal race car with roll cage, etc. Price to enter the "Targa" class; $3400usd. The other class is "Touring"; timed, posted speed limit class. No competition license required. Any street legal car can enter. Price to enter the "Touring" class; $2600usd. Sponsor TV, Magazine & media time will be well covered offering Premium National & International coverage. Vehicles that enter these classes are very nice, usually expensive, historic type cars from 1930 to current high dollar examples such as the Porsche 968 and the Viper GTS.

Last year, there were 40 entrants from California to Australia. So far, this year it has already doubled that number and is growing rapidly. I have posted this in the IT forum because, IT cars that are street legal are well suited for this type of competition. I am entering my ITB Suzuki Swift in the Targa class. Check out their website at www.targanewfoundland.com (http://www.targanewfoundland.com) and/or please let me know if anyone is interested and would like more info.

[This message has been edited by racer-025 (edited June 09, 2003).]

C. Ludwig
06-09-2003, 06:31 PM
I watched a special on Speed about the Targa Newfoundland. Looked like lots of fun. Very laid back but seemed well run. Wish I could take a week off work to join you! Have fun!

Chris

------------------
Chris Ludwig
08 ITS RX7 CenDiv