PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's 300 at VIR... Great Event

JOESELLSVW
02-26-2003, 06:28 PM
This past weekend I went down to VIR for the Valentine's 300. The really cool thing about the weekend was that I finished the entire event, no crew, no co driver, just me! The track is awesome! Really challenging. It's long, but certainly not boring. Learned the track pretty well and the crappy weather from Saturday was pretty much gone for the race on Sunday.The NASA folks were really cool. Very friendly. VIR is an exceptional facility, ewaly couldn't ask for much more in a track. Ok , it could be a little closer, but I'll deal with it. I'm looking forward to the MARRS double in May. John Walsh was there to witness my hood flying up and smashing my windshield! This is the second enduro in a row with "glass problems", at least this time the car drove onto the trailer! Really fun weekend! I think it'd be great if this NE Enduro series takes off. I'd do the whole thing! What a great deal... a lot of track time for the money.
I'm debating on entering the 12 Hr. If I did now I'd be on the "buble" but still think that I could get in. Considering renting a seat or possibly putting together a group to run the racr. Anyone interested? We still have a little time left. [email protected] if interested.. JOE