PDA

View Full Version : 4 hour night enduro

slackerjay
11-05-2002, 02:48 PM
hey john...you guys going for sure?? i may have a few extra hands available if needed.

~Jay

JohnRW
11-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Yup. We're bringing the SSC Nissan for the night enduro, and I'm dragging my ITB Golf out of the woods for the sprints on Saturday and Sunday. Too much fibreglass to fix from last weekend's VIR pro thingy, so leaving the Plastic Pig at home. I really hate the smell of resin.

We're already teaming up with Entropy's Sports Renaults, an ITS Nissan team (John's semi in-laws) and the Mustang Magic guys, so I guess we'll have lotza helping hands. You're welcome to share pits with us, I'll just make sure we've got enough nitrogen bottles and hoses and an extra bottle of LP gas for the grill.

Did you notice that the Feb. NASA enduro at VIR is now listed as a 4 hour ? Sure hope that the weather will be as nice as last February.

slackerjay
11-12-2002, 03:57 PM
does anyone have info on the pit stops for the ENRA race?

is there a 5 minute rule?
can you splash and go wihin X amount of laps from end?

anyone?????

thanks
~Jay

slackerjay
11-12-2002, 06:21 PM
any word on pit stops?

is there a 5 minute rule?
can only 1 driver go for 2 h 5 min?
can we spalsh and go with a few laps to go?
can we run nitrous?
do we have to dodge large farm animals?

thanks in advance..

~J

JohnRW
11-12-2002, 07:45 PM
Jay -

*The word on pit stops ? When asked by the Crew Chief why he didn't slow the hell down 'cuz they spent the whole last shift screaming on the radio for him to slow down...the driver always says "...Whuh ???". So, the word on pit stops is "Whuh ???".

*Five minute, schmive minute. EMRA don't do no stinkin timed stops. In fact, you don't even need to stop at all, if you've got yourself a tanker. Get the stinking driver out of the stinkin car, gas it up, plug him back in the car and GOOOOOOO, as fast as you can. Simple, huh ?

*Max for 1 driver in their 4 hour races is 2.5 hours...or 150 minutes...whichever comes first.

*Sure, you can splash and go, but THE DRIVER HAS TO GET OUT OF THE CAR. This would be the common thread for all EMRA pit stops.

*You can run nitrous. You can run diesel. You can run an alchohol funny car if you want. Just keep the driver away from the nitrous until after his shift is done.

*You do not HAVE to dodge the large farm animals, but if you hit one, you and your crew are obligated to tag it and gut it before you may resume racing. It then becomes the Guest of Honor at the "Hooves and Snouts Banquet", held immediately post-race. Yum. Pass the A1.

Hope this helps.

slackerjay
11-13-2002, 06:17 PM
thanks for the info. i was going to bring the tanker but it has a slight push in turn 5.

i'll see you there!!

~Jay

slackerjay
11-18-2002, 11:23 AM
John,

some bad news...we won't be able to join you for the night enduro. something came up and falls on that same weekend. good luck and post how you do. we'll make it next year for sure!!!

~Jay

Wreckerboy
11-18-2002, 02:38 PM
A pit stop is required, and there is a rule limiting driver time to 2:05 max. I beleive that the stop is supposed to be 5 minutes in length, and believe it or not, is timed.

Eliminate the guesswork and direct your questions regarding the enduro and/or tech to Bob Hill, the Cheif Steward for Enduro and Tech, at 718-948-7971.

JohnRW
11-19-2002, 12:49 AM
Wreck -

No minimum stop, unless somebody has changed the rules for the last race of the year. Max driver time 2:30, unless somebody changed it from the last 4 years. We'll find out for sure when the Supps are out on Saturday.

Jay -

Sorry you can't make it. I guess we'll see you in the spring then ? NASA 4 Hour at VIR in Feb ? SP 12 Hour in June ? Drag Rudy and his Spec Miata to VIR, even if he's kicking and screaming. That boy works too hard.