PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point (less than half)

sgallimo
10-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Seems like someone mentioned that there was a 4-hour endurance race at Summit Point in addition to the 12-hour. Now the forum search is working for me and I can't find anything but the 12-hour on the Summit Point page. So does Summit have two enduros?
- Scott Gallimore
- ITC #88 Nissan Pulsar

dave parker
10-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Scott
There are two enduros at Summit. The first is the DC Region of the SCCA's 12 Hours at the Point, held the first weekend in June. The second is a four hour "twinight" enduro put on by EMRA(Eastern Motor Racing Association)held November 23rd. The "EMRA" (as we locals call it) is held from 4pm to 8pm. It is a handicapped enduro(ie the slower cars start first)put on by the yankee boys of EMRA. It is an absolute blast. Look forward to seeing you there.
Enjoy
dave parker
wdcr itb#13

sgallimo
10-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Excelent! Thanks Dave. After looking at the EMRA website, I have a few questions. Do most non EMRA members simply get a temp race license ($10) for each of the drivers? Does the team captian need to join EMRA? I see that the price for the 4 hour enduros is $260. What's the charge for additional drivers? How many drivers do most teams go with? Can we use our AMB transponders? What are the classes like and which classes are in this enduro. Thanks in advance.
- Scott

emra
10-10-2002, 04:59 PM
[quote]Originally posted by sgallimo:
Hi:
This is about your questions regarding the EMRA 4 hour enduro at Summit Point. There is no charge for extra drivers. One driver may drive no more than 2hrs and 5 minutes. Teams usually consist of between 2 or 3 drivers, but you can have as many as you want. You will have to purchase an EMRA temporary license for $10. In order to qualify you have to show us evidence of a race license from some other organization that we sanction. You don't have to join EMRA to race with us. THe enduro is open to any closed wheel cars. You can check out our website at emraracing.org. Thanks for your interest.
Peter