PDA

View Full Version : 12 hour

Lawrence Mansier
10-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Anyone know what weekend the Summit Point 12 hour will be next year?

JohnRW
10-01-2002, 12:49 PM
Traditionally (if you could call the 4 years it's been run a 'tradition'), it's been on the first weekend in June.

The SCCA NEDiv schedule won't be set until later this fall, and tracks need to have offered contracted dates, so there is no certainty.

It's the best run enduro event you'll ever see, regardless of sanctioning body.

(oh...did I mention that we're 4-time class winners there ?)

Lawrence Mansier
10-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Thank you for the 12 hour date. We would like to go next year, could be an ITE corvette. We have heard a lot of great news about the event, and it sure is popular! What class are you running?

slackerjay
10-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Lawrence,

i hope to see you there...and if your in the vette i'll make sure to stay out of your way. they have a website that may help as time draws near and give you some info from this year:

12hoursatthepoint.org

hey john...just had to get that last part in there didn't you.

we'll have to see if we can keep it right side up next year instead of, right side up...upside down, right side up, upside down.

Slacker~J

Lawrence Mansier
10-02-2002, 05:58 PM
slackerj: How goes the car sale?

JohnRW
10-02-2002, 06:41 PM
Jay -

Just got to keep throwing punches at the Neon guys. Hopefully, it'll provoke a response from Edwin. Nothing beats a childish rivalry at keeping things stirred up, right ?

You planning on the Glen 3 hour next week, or the EMRA 4 hour night enduro at Summit Point in November ? If not, we'll see you in the spring. If you are, let us know and we'll throw extra beer and steaks in the coolers.

Talked to Rudy, Mike Irwin and Mike Taylor at the RunOffs. A couple of the Kumho guys had a good week, including Joel winning SSC. Interesting hair-pulling, face-scratching fight going on at sccaforums.com in the SSC section re: RunOffs. Boy, some guys take this way too seriously. Congrats to Joel and a big razzberry to the whiners.

Lawrence Mansier
10-02-2002, 11:15 PM
The EMRA 4 hour is something we are shooting for in November. Look for the red 1978 vette, back from a double rollover at Summit (EMRA) in 2000. Hopefully this year our four tires will spend all their time on the ground!

slackerjay
10-03-2002, 10:10 AM
you gotta keep those neon boys in line. if you don't who will??

i meant to ask you about the night enduro...when is it? any website with info, registration, etc?? i will be there...gotta love the night driving. i was beginning to get the shakes since the 24hour isn't announced yet. throw on another steak and keep the beer cold.

the runoffs were VERY interesting to say the least..i think this year will be open for debate for a long time. the KUMHO guys had a good weekend, could have been better but that's racing. the SSC race was the race to see.

~~Lawrence, still got it...haven't been pushing it very hard. i'm still making constant improvements...it looks like i'll need to add lights to the list now. i heard the nelson weekend was a fun one, a few people i know ran in it and said things went smooth.

Slacker~J

JohnRW
10-03-2002, 01:41 PM
EMRA 4 Hour night thing is the weekend of Nov. 23rd. Sprints during the day on Sat. & Sun., Enduro Sat. nite.

Last year the enduro ended about 8 minutes early due to a cow (moo, black and white, good for milk or meat, etc.) wandering onto the front straight. Really. No kidding. Ask the Edwin, the other John or Charlie/Entropy. A big freaking cow, just before the braking zone for T1. Just think "100mph hamburger & hooves".

http://www.EMRARacing.Org/Emraeven.htm

slackerjay
10-03-2002, 01:56 PM
MMOOO

he who hits it must cook it..isn't that the rule?!! you gotta be kidding...i would think my mind is playing tricks on me if i rolled up on that. i just printed out the registration form...thanks for the link.

i'll see you there...let's conspire once again. are there mandatory pit times again? thanks

Slacker~J

Lawrence Mansier
10-05-2002, 04:09 AM
J - Thanks for the note about Nelsons. Just got back from Mid-Ohio (HPDE) with 78 cars, and had a blast! If my car is together, I plan on joining you guys at Summit in chilly November!

LM

Edwin Robinson
10-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by JohnRW:
EMRA 4 Hour night thing is the weekend of Nov. 23rd. Sprints during the day on Sat. & Sun., Enduro Sat. nite.

Last year the enduro ended about 8 minutes early due to a cow (moo, black and white, good for milk or meat, etc.) wandering onto the front straight. Really. No kidding. Ask the Edwin, the other John or Charlie/Entropy. A big freaking cow, just before the braking zone for T1. Just think "100mph hamburger & hooves".

http://www.EMRARacing.Org/Emraeven.htm

Yeah- I missed it by about 4 feet on the left side of the front stright in the dark at about 100 mph.

We're now carrying a new accessory - normally reserved for locomotives on our web site.
It's the 'Summit Point Cow Catcher'
Retrofits available for any race vehicle.
Custom extensions available for 8 point roll-cages. Removes necessity for ballast in lightweight IT cars.