PDA

View Full Version : NE enduro in July/Aug/Sept

PDoane
07-23-2002, 09:06 AM
I'm looking for an IT enduro event in the NE being run in late July, Aug, or early Sept. Nothing as long as 12 hours, more like 2-3. Some regions have run them as a support/extra race (like the 50-50 at Pocono) and there used to be an enduro series at Lime Rock.

Thanks

Peter

Bill Umstead
07-23-2002, 06:42 PM
It's a bit later than your timeframe, but Glen Region runs a 3-hour enduro at the Glen in early October in conjunction with their Regional. I am unaware of any other enduro unless there is a supporting race at LRP with the Busch race, again in October.

Edwin Robinson
07-23-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Bill Umstead:
It's a bit later than your timeframe, but Glen Region runs a 3-hour enduro at the Glen in early October in conjunction with their Regional. I am unaware of any other enduro unless there is a supporting race at LRP with the Busch race, again in October.

Yeah- we'll have to defend our overall victory.. ;^)

On another note- I believe that EMRA also has a couple of Enduros scheduled. You could check their website- and also, I heard talk of a NASA Enduro possibly at Nelson Ledges sometime - through the new Ohio Region NASA?

~ER.

Lawrence Mansier
07-23-2002, 11:27 PM
There is a 200 mile enduro on Saturday night Sept. 21 (starts at 5:00) at Nelson Ledges with the NASA Ohio/Indiana Region. Email [email protected] for more info. EMRA has various enduros, and a 4 hour on Nov. 23rd. Visit www.emraracing.org (http://www.emraracing.org) for info and forms.

LM

bill f
07-30-2002, 10:55 AM
I previously posted this information and it mysteriously disappeared...go figure!! I'll try again.

WNY Region SCCA hosts a National Race Weekend at Mosport, Ontario, Canada on Labor Day Weekend. They also include an one hour Induro.

Information can be had from the Registrar, Barb Luther at [email protected].

It's a great track, with a long racing history, and an event with the Canadian racing group which puts on a great PARTY on Saturday night, not to mention a hospitable host region who has been puting this event on for many years.

The usual point of confusion is "How to get across the bridge into a foreign country with your race equipment?". It is extremely simple, and information is easily available...just ask and I will post it on the B.B. for all to see. Just a note: There is NO bond to be posted by the competitor.

Hope to see you there.

Good racing. Bill

JohnRW
07-30-2002, 12:23 PM
As Bill mentioned, the Mosport enduro is quite a weekend. I was running the Nat'l last year, but noted that the enduro guys got about 3 hours of track time between practice, qualifying and race.

One of the coolest tracks on the planet. A country known for producing clear, amber-colored liquid refreshments. Nice weather. A really cool track. Did I mention a really cool track ?

The whole border thing is a non-issue. I cross to Canada several times a year with race cars. Ho-hum. It's easier than trying to get to Bridgehampton on a Friday night.

[This message has been edited by JohnRW (edited July 30, 2002).]

bcarter
08-08-2002, 12:55 AM
At Race City Motorsports Park in Calgary, Canada, we have 2 hour endurance races on the road course once a month from May 'til Sept. The track is over 2 miles long. All cars from GT 1 down to our version of the spec RX-7 run the enduros at the same time, no classes. Funny enough, the Mazdas do really well.....

Aug. 24/25 is a big weekend with a one hour GT Challenge race along with various 15 - 20 minute "sprint" races, on Sat. and the same sprints on Sunday, along with the two hour endurance. Lots of track time. Check out www.wcma.ca (http://www.wcma.ca)