PDA

View Full Version : RKM's Fiesta

Russ Myers
03-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Okay folk's here's the story.Two years ago I was seduced by the siren call of National type road racing, parked my ITC Fiesta and purchased a brand new Nissan Sentra SE-R. Lured by horsepower numbers and pretty decent road tests, I thought this would be a sure way back to the Runoffs®. WRONG!!. The car is a really neat street car, but a Pig on the track. She handles real good down the straight, but this is road racing, and at the end of every straight is a turn. The Sentra dosen't like to turn.

So, I am freshening up the Fiesta because I can get my tail kicked alot cheaper in it than in the Nissan. I have not given up on the quest for Runoffs® glory, But with a 17 year old son graduating high school, a new house, etc., etc., I have to find ways of racing cheaper. I WILL NOT be one of those who whines I can't afford to race, I love it too much. As I told my ex-wife, "I was a Racer before we met, I am a Racer while we are married, and I will be a Racer after you are gone." (I've now been divorced...oh, never mind.)

So look for Dark Horse Racing to return to the IT fields real soon. More than likly as a mobil chicane, but I intend to embark on a vigorous development program and I won't be in the cellar long. and who knows, I may get a wild hair(hare?) and build an F-Prod Fiesta. I sure would like to bring Ford their first Production National Championship.

Cheers,
Russ
ITC Fiesta #?

lobster
03-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Russ, Good luck and it sounds great. And I know when u tell people what u race they look at u like u have been to one to many Greatful Dead shows or that Fiesta is a S*^&box or some other rude stament is said. I love seeing all the diffrent cars in the IT ranks. Hey we have had our 79 Pinto in the family from day one it was my bro in laws 1st car!!! Later Lobster

fiestadude
03-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Russ,
Glad to hear you will be campaigning a Fiesta again. Good luck this season.

------------------
JJ
#62 ITC

grjones1
03-24-2004, 02:32 PM
[
ITC Fiesta #?[/B][/QUOTE]

Welcome home, Russ! If you need any spares call me. I'm pesently overstocked with contributions.
G. Robert Jones
540-972-1996

grjones1
03-24-2004, 02:34 PM
[

Welcome home, Russ! If you need any spares call me. I'm pesently overstocked with contributions.
G. Robert Jones
540-972-1996

fiestadude
03-26-2004, 09:00 AM
grjones1:

I amin need of a rear swaybar for a Fiesta. I saw your post & thought I would aks.

thanks,

------------------
JJ
#62 ITC

grjones1
03-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by fiestadude:
grjones1:

I amin need of a rear swaybar for a Fiesta. I saw your post & thought I would aks.

thanks,

Call me at 540-972-1996 or email [email protected] I have some spare sway bars.
GRJ

grjones1
03-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Cheers,
Russ
Russ as we spoke Ron Davis Racing Radiators 623-877-5000. Off-the-shelf-$269.00 Custom- $269-$500.
G

dieselsdad
05-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know of some good web-sites with fiesta info? I'm specifically looking for race pics/info. or build-ups. There's a fiesta down the road that looks like it needs a new home.