PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

NLPRacing
02-17-2004, 04:13 PM
What is the best brand & type of brake pad to use on a 90 ITB Mustang?

------------------

fiestadude
02-17-2004, 04:34 PM
NLPRacing:

I'm not sure about specific for your car, but IMHO, Hawk Blue's are tough to beat. Carbotech Panthers are no too bad eaither, much nicer on your rotors too.

------------------
JJ
#62 ITC

SilverHorseRacing
02-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Porterfield is nice if you have the cash, I use PFC from Autozone since I'm watching the coins...plus they are lifetime warranty. They work well, but do not modulate nearly as well as other pads.

------------------
-Marcello Canitano
www.SilverHorseRacing.com (http://www.SilverHorseRacing.com)

NLPRacing
02-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the input. Have you heard anything good or bad about Bendix brake pads?

------------------

Racy-Stacey
03-08-2004, 11:12 PM
I cant say enough about Porterfield pads. I really trust them. I ran the R4's with brake ducting and I had old stock brake fluid in the resivoir. I didnt have any brake fade all day long. I drove a 2600lb car, not sure what weight your mustang is. Hope that helps at all.

My front brake ducting was 2"

Ron
03-12-2004, 06:06 PM
At Road Atlanta we ate up the PFC pads. So bad the rotors had small cracks in them. I had to do a complete brake job, Rotors included. We had brake ducts only dumping to the inside rotors. I am building proper brake ducting that forces all the air out of the vains. I am going to try the Porterfield pads for Roebling.

joeg
03-13-2004, 11:56 AM
[quote]Originally posted by NLPRacing:
[B]Thanks for the input. Have you heard anything good or bad about Bendix brake pads?

Bendix makes a RACE pad??

Don't think so.

You really need a RACE PAD pad for racing; not a street pad--even if they are good street pads.

Cheers.