PDA

View Full Version : Selling the Beloved Fiesta

trueblue
05-23-2003, 01:18 AM
I have made the decision to sell my Fiesta. I had planned to stay in the car longer but I found a Mustang I gotta have. I have placed an ad but in short I am asking $3,000. It comes with a spare running car lots of parts to include a spare engine. The car has been great but I really want a Mustang. Contact me by email or call 912-727-2201. I will be completely honest about the car. I plan to be around SCCA a long time and I don't need any enimies. It is a great starter car. Reliable and easy to drive. It has accomplished what I wanted it to do. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

fiestadude
05-27-2003, 10:15 AM
trueblue,

what can you tell me about the car?

Last time raced
Safety Equip.
Fuel Cell
Quaiffe
etc.

Let me know.
Thanks,

------------------
JJ
#62 ITC

trueblue
05-27-2003, 11:22 PM
what can you tell me about the car?

Last time raced-Roebling Double a couple of weeks ago. Finished 7th and 8th in a field of 10. Would have finished better but I came in for someone else's meatball
Safety Equip.-all new harness and net. Butler seat. Bolt in cage
Fuel Cell-no
Quaiffe-no
etc.The car is sickning legal. It has the 4 into 1 header and a 32/36 DGV. Oil cooler. KYB suspension. Anti dive kit. Sway bars. 8 track cassette player (just kidding!)

FiestaFrank
06-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Is the antidive kit legal? From my understanding it changes the suspension mounting points by lowering the attachment of the front tie bars. This requires a different mounting plate, longer bolts and a spacer (either 3/4 or 1" in thickness).

joeg
06-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Bushings are free. The Anti dive kit can be looked upon as a metal/rubber bushing?

Russ Myers
06-13-2003, 07:54 PM
The cars are so uncompetitive against the Hondas and Sciroccos anyway, why bother splitting hairs about a kit. And where can I find rear (diff) gears and Cylinder heads for mine. My heads are all cracked.

Russ Myers

trueblue
07-02-2003, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear about that Russ. I have three good engines and two good transmissions. Why don't you buy my car. I'll make you a heck of a deal. I have got to get it sold.

------------------
TOO MUCH POWER IS JUST ENOUGH

bill f
07-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Trueblue,

I also am selling a Mustang that has raced in ITB for three seasons. If you are interested in specifics, mail me at [email protected], and I'll be happy to give you the info and pictures.

Good racing. Bill

trueblue
07-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Bill,

You have mail

fiestadude
07-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Russ Myers wrote:

The cars are so uncompetitive against the Hondas and Sciroccos anyway, why bother splitting hairs about a kit. And where can I find rear (diff) gears and Cylinder heads for mine. My heads are all cracked.

Russ Myers

I totally diagree. Here in the MiDiv, Fiesta's rule ITC. I have yet to find a car in ITC that can compete with the Fiesta; low weight, awesome cornering, O.K. acceleration.

Maybe things are different in other divisions, but I had to get my thoughts in the thred.

Thanks,

------------------
JJ
#62 ITC

trueblue
07-03-2003, 08:47 PM
jj,
Thanks for the kind words on the Fiesta.
Many things you mentioned about the Fiesta are correct. Here in SEDIV the Honda's seem to rule. I can tell you that the Fiesta will hang in the corners. I have not found the full limits yet. Close but I have not had an off course excursion. This is why I say that. The power is less than that of a Honda. The torque seems to be very good though. In the rain it is excellent. When I race I pray for rain.

If someone wants a reliable Fiesta please contact me. I am willing to deal. I am willing to make a trip to help on shipping. I don't want to loose my behind but I do need to sell.

What do you all think about keeping it and renting it out?

------------------
TOO MUCH POWER IS JUST ENOUGH

FiestaFrank
07-30-2003, 10:28 PM
I have to agree. Although I've never managed to make it to the ARRC, I ran competitive with Tracey Nine the year he won there. My Fiesta still has the records at Grattan (1:36) and Gingerman (1:41) and the only one faster at Waterford was Tracey (1:19). The key is the suspension and brakes (I was pulled on the straight at Grattan by an ITD Festiva by 5-8 car lengths but made it all up by Turn 2 and was back in frront by the esses).

racerdrew43
08-05-2003, 08:54 AM
There is a Fiesta winning races in the North East. He is the NARRC point leader.

Greg Gauper
08-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Dave Kittleson (sp?) is pretty quick in his Fiesta here in Cen-Div, especially in the rain or at Blackhawk.

Unfortunately he broke a hub at the Cat at Road America. Got pretty lucky but he did bend up some sheet metal when the wheel came off at turn 14. I told him it could have been worse i.e. it could have broke at Turn 1 or at the Kink http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Judging from the way they handle, I suspect they would be pretty quick at IRP.

trueblue
08-05-2003, 10:00 AM
HELP! Price reduced I must sell! 2k takes it all! I am very firm on this. Even if you don't want the parts car it is still 2k. This is my final price. I can help with delivery.

My wife is about to evicted me!

grjones1
08-12-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by fiestadude:
Russ Myers wrote:

Russ Myers

I totally diagree. Here in the MiDiv, Fiesta's rule ITC. I have yet to find a car in ITC that can compete with the Fiesta; low weight, awesome cornering, O.K. acceleration.

Maybe things are different in other divisions, but I had to get my thoughts in the thred.

Thanks,

Please check results for Group 4(SM/ITC) for MARRS VI, Aug 9-10/03. To perhaps answer some questions.

Regards,
G. Robert Jones
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by grjones1 (edited August 13, 2003).]

trueblue
09-09-2003, 03:41 PM
It is sold! I will miss it!