PDA

View Full Version : 2300 Ford Fuel Pump Mod for Pinto

Dick Elliott
06-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Anyone out there had any experance with pluging the fuel return line on a 2300 fuel pump? Will it still work ok? Will a 289/302 fuel pump work on a 2300? Bolt pattern is the same as a 2300. DICK

Joe Craven
06-25-2003, 09:43 AM
Do not most 2.3 racers plug off the hole and use an electric pump.

#37 ITB Capri

bill f
06-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Having had both a Pinto, and two Fox chassis cars, I would offer this: Convert to an electric fuel pump and regulator. I found great advantage and increased power from adjusting fuel pressure on the dyno, and even have gone beyond the supposed limits of the Weber carb.

Being able to activate the pump with out the engine running is in itself a great tuning tool, since you can adjust the pressure/float position with the engine off. You even have the ability to draw fuel samples easier and safer with the engine off.

Cheap pumps, cheap regulators...easy solution.

Good racing. Bill

Dick Elliott
06-25-2003, 05:29 PM
BILL!
I agree with you 100% about the electric pump being better. What I've always done is run both as a back-up along with a regulator that works off of vacuum . 4 psi under full bore and 1 psi when backed off. Works great. Been useing then since mid 80s. The carb will never load up comeing out of the turns. DICK

Originally posted by bill f:
Having had both a Pinto, and two Fox chassis cars, I would offer this: Convert to an electric fuel pump and regulator. I found great advantage and increased power from adjusting fuel pressure on the dyno, and even have gone beyond the supposed limits of the Weber carb.

Being able to activate the pump with out the engine running is in itself a great tuning tool, since you can adjust the pressure/float position with the engine off. You even have the ability to draw fuel samples easier and safer with the engine off.

Cheap pumps, cheap regulators...easy solution.

Good racing. Bill