PDA

View Full Version : Double at Roebling

trueblue
04-27-2003, 09:54 PM
Well, I did it. I met my requirements for my Novice license. I had a great time. My little Fiesta was great. No trouble at all. I had an absolute blast! The first day was better. I had a great race with an ITB Rabbit. He would pull me in the straight and I would catch him in the turns. The second day would have been just as well but I came in for a meat-ball flag that was intended for someone else (bummer, lesson learned). I did pick up a little over 2.5 seconds in my times from beginning to end. The last day being my best with a sad 1:36.06. I did not finish last however! I did learn that my car is quite competent in the turns. I can make it better. There seems to be no hope in the straight though.
High points-
Day one: In the final lap there were Miata's battling for position on the last lap. I received a love tap in the door by one in turn 8-9 (No damage to me just a scrape the Miata faired worse). No one lost it and it was a great finish! My car has been christened! Thanks #26!
Day two: Last lap again. There were two Golf's battling for 1st and 2nd. I watch them in the mirror get tangled up a little. They manage to hold it together and catch me. We went three wide in 9. I really did not think my car would hold but it did. It was a blast. I just wish I had been in the hunt for the podium with them.
I know this was long but I had to share. Every one was great and I can't wait to get back.
Many thanks to John #89 in grp 6. Grady #8 for such a great race (were did you find that speed on Sunday!). Greg in the #3 Neon for just being so friendly (I hope I got that right there were two of them). I cannot forget Sam in the #26 Miata for the christening.

http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
TOO MUCH POWER IS JUST ENOUGH

Joe Craven
04-28-2003, 04:15 PM
There is lots of knowledge about those Kent 1.6 liter motors since they used them in some of the open wheel Ford powered racers.

In any case, you aren't supposed to be able to keep up with those ITB Rabbits in the straights!

In any case, it sounds like your car is perfect to learn with. Enjoy it and your times will improve with experience.

#37 ITB Capri

trueblue
04-28-2003, 04:32 PM
That is true. An ITB rabbit should take me in the straights. He was my closest competition though. I was lapped by other ITC cars. Man are those Civics fast or what! If I were in it to win all the time I would get the Honda. I just like Fords. I am sure ther is a way to squeeze some power out of my car some how legally. This was my first race and it was a blast even from the back of the field.
http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

joeg
04-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Yep--those Hondas are killers!