PDA

View Full Version : Just finished Drivers school in my Fiesta

trueblue
02-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Well, I just finished drivers school. I love the little Fiesta but I learned a lot in the past four days. The Fiesta is a good little car but compared to the Honda Civic I am not even close. I could hang in the corners (if I chose the right line) but on the strait he would blow by me like I was running on three cylinders. I am going to run the Fiesta for a while then sell it for someone else to get started. The car was great in school with the exception of a wheel bearing failure. The failure was my fault. I replaced all but the one that failed. Had I replaced it, I would of had no problems at all. Lesson learned. I really had no idea the stress that is placed on the cars. I had a great time and loved running inches away with another car. Another Fiesta and I hooked up and got to have some fun. I hope to tune the Fiesta in a little better. I need to be a lot better. As I have heard so many times, It takes seat time. http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

joeg
02-10-2003, 02:53 PM
James--Done correctly, they are plenty fast. Remember one of the lightest IT cars in relation to engine displacement.

Getting reasonable sized rubber and wheels under it is the problem; not the motor.

trueblue
02-10-2003, 03:56 PM
I have 6" wide rims. The tires are 185-60's. If I roll the lips I could go a little larger perhaps. You say the motor is not a problem. My motor is as legal as they come on a good fresh rebuild. The only way I see to keep up with the two ITC Honda's is to step into the dark gray areas of the rule book. I have raced long enough in other places to know that it is not cheating until you get caught. I would just hate to do it. Waiting for the other fella' to go off course for a win is no fun. I don't expect to win but it would be nice to have a shot at the podium.

Joe Craven
02-10-2003, 05:48 PM
Sounds like fun. Hey, that Porsche 944 would leave you on the straight but would you be concerned?

What version of the CRX was that? Some of them give Porsche 944s fits.

I think those Fiesta's are really cool and they definitely can be competitive in ITC. The motor is well known and used in some versions of the Formula Fords so there is a lot of knowledge about them.

Joe Craven ITB Capri