PDA

View Full Version : cam timing for 2.3

manny
10-27-2002, 06:54 AM
any body care to tell what would the best cam timing for the 2.3 be? car runs in the 3000 rpm and higher range.

Joe Craven
10-31-2002, 12:32 AM
If you follow the ITCS rules explicitely, you can only run stock cam timing. You are allowed to use an offset key to move the timing back to stock after you mill the head.

If the 2.3 is similar to the 2.0, then the optimum cam timing is around 3 degrees retarded.

71 ITB Capri (projected '03 SCCA ITB SF region)
73 PS3 Capri (Enduro racer)
77 GTI Cup Wabbit (my rain car)

SilverHorseRacing
10-31-2002, 01:20 AM
Manny,

Straight up for you right now is just fine. You've got to get some tires, and some more seat time before you worry about the cam being degreed. I'm not being mean here, just trying to keep you from making the mistakes I made 6-7 years ago. Different spark plugs, filters, etc., are not going to make that car any faster. My offer still stands when you're ready I'll run that car around the track so you'll quit spending money when you see what it is capable of! BTW, you've heard that you don't have to race against old #88 anymore? She's going to a new home, far out of SEDIV. But who knows what I'll do for next year http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif ?!

------------------
-Marcello Canitano
www.SilverHorseRacing.com
Arthur Machinery - Official 2002 Sponsor
www.ArthurMachinery.com
SuperChips - 2002 Sponsor
www.SuperChips.com
ProForce - 2002 Sponsor
www.Proforce.com

manny
11-02-2002, 11:44 AM
you sold #88 ? i thought you were putting together an other mustang? and yes you are right, nothing like seat time.

SilverHorseRacing
11-02-2002, 08:16 PM
Yes, sold and loaded it tonight. As to what I might build, I'm not sure right this moment, but if nothing interesting presents itself, I may have a new Mustang out there for February. The second car I was going to build I sold before I even got started on it, so right now I'm car-less...

------------------
-Marcello Canitano
www.SilverHorseRacing.com
Arthur Machinery - Official 2002 Sponsor
www.ArthurMachinery.com
SuperChips - 2002 Sponsor
www.SuperChips.com
ProForce - 2002 Sponsor
www.Proforce.com