PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Results Up at Mylaps

Catch22
11-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Just discovered them there. Guess Bob hasn't had time to post them at ARRC.com yet.

Also just discovered we won the Enduro in ITC as the 1st place guy was apparently penalized 2 laps for a pit infraction.
Thats not the greatest way to win, but its a win and we're very very happy.

I'm still not completely recovered from my 3rd place in the ITC sprint race. That was the most insane race I've ever seen, much less driven in. It'll take weeks for my adrenalin level to come down from that one.

Scott Giles/Renee Hines
#21 ITC (usually #22)

[This message has been edited by Catch22 (edited November 09, 2004).]

gsbaker
11-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Scott,

Congratulations! I saw you and Renee were moving very well in the Enduro.

------------------
Gregg Baker, P.E.
Isaac, LLC
http://www.isaacdirect.com

lateapex911
11-09-2004, 09:52 PM
And i enjoyed watching the ITC battle..I wish i knew the players better. What happened to the Scirraco? Am I correct in saying that he led for the majority of the race? Congrats on a great drive, BTW...

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Greg Amy
11-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Congrats, buddy! And you were all wigged out about it...hah!!

Anubis
11-09-2004, 10:33 PM
If I remember correctly #44 pulled off between 5 and 6... the ITC race was a dandy.

------------------
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
Running from beatings, deflating.
I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.

Catch22
11-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Yes, the Scirocco broke a half shaft and parked on lap 18 I think. Tough luck for Chuck as he drove a great race and that Scirocco was baaadddddd down the back straight.
I wish I had been running a camera. Thats some footage every racer would love to watch. We swapped positions multiple times on every lap and pushed each other to the point that we were all running 51s and 52s the entire race (with Perry getting the new track record at a 51.0). On a "normal" weekend high 52s will fairly easily win you an ITC race. This weekend it was good for 6th place.

Great stuff.

Edwin Ho
11-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Yup. Got called up to the tower during impound. I was informed that my first pit stop was short by 1.5 seconds and penalized 2 laps. Unfortunately, my fat gloved finger hit the wrong button on my stopwatch on pit-in and I had to rely on my crew to send me out at the right time. Either they sent me early or I sped down pit lane. Oh well.

Considering this was my first time at Road Atlanta and that the longest race I had ever run was the Sprint race the day before, I was pretty pleased with the result.

Scott, shoot me an email: edwin_a_ho(@)yahoo.com. I have a trophy that belongs to you.

Ed.

R2 Racing
11-10-2004, 02:28 AM
Scott - I hear ya about the camera. I had one in my car during Saturday's ITA race but it unfortunately only captured about the first 8 laps or so before it turned itself off. I was very pissed when i saw it didn't get all of it.

Why is it I have a vast library of boring ass in car camera footage in perfect, full length condition? I swear all of the good/fun/exciting races, that stupid camera doesn't work at all or quits half way through.

lateapex911
11-10-2004, 02:48 AM
Ahhhh the camera knows! Mine does at least! Ran out of tape 2 laps shy of the finish in my first win...grrrrrrr..at least i got most of that race!

But the ARRC race...I have a lipstick cam...so I turn the vid cam on myself, and confirm that I am recording before leaving the grid..all was good..then we scrambled (after that hour long wait) to get strapped and Isaac'ed in and somehow the lipstick cam (on the roll cage) got bumped. As I had already confirmed it was recording, and I can't see the display once I'm strapped in, I thought all was well. Nope. I have 30 minutes of loose stuff on the passenger floor sliding from side to side! Arrrgggggg!

Lesson learned #432.7: add brace to the lipstick cam.
Lesson # 432.8 add tape or glue to lens of lipstick cam which vibrated loose and unscrewed itself in one half lap of practice.

So, my entire video collection of the entire ARRC is 1/2 lap of tire scrubbing! So much for using my video to study for next year!

sigh.........

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

Catch22
11-10-2004, 11:59 AM
I was actually so amped up Saturday morning that I just left the camera laying on the front seat of my truck. And yes, I have acres of tape on boring, tedious laps trying to get by Spec Miatas, and the ONE race I really wish I had on tape was not to be.

Sorry about the penalty Ed, you drove a clean trouble free race while we had issues with everything but the kitchen sink. But that 2 lap penalty is actually consistent as the Divisonal Enduro (ECR) championship was decided last year based on a 2 lap penalty for a stop that was 2 seconds short. As I was told by a steward... "When we say 5 minutes, we mean 5 minutes."
We typically take a very conservative pit lane speed just to make sure we don't go over. I probably should have told you all of this before the race, but I had forgotten you'd never done it before. Sorry about that.

I guess you can mail me the P1 trophy, and I'll send the P2 to Jeff with your address so he can mail you the P3 (since I don't think Jeff visits this board). You have email.

R2 Racing
11-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Has anyone else looked at the ITA results on mylaps.com? Does it look wrong to anyone else? I sure as hell know my fastest lap wasn't on lap #1. Also look at the "new track record" numbers at the bottom - uhm...where did they get that from?

Hracer
11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by R2 Racing:
Has anyone else looked at the ITA results on mylaps.com? Does it look wrong to anyone else? I sure as hell know my fastest lap wasn't on lap #1. Also look at the "new track record" numbers at the bottom - uhm...where did they get that from?

Hey Kevin, it does look like they had some problems since it only shows everyone did 16 laps (It has us down for 12 laps, and we came in on the real lap 16). So the first four laps are missing and I bet that's where Anthony set that lap record indicated at the bottom.

Our fast lap on Mylaps is shown to be on lap 2, but that is actually the real lap 6. I timed that particular lap off the tape and I got it at least a couple of tenths slower than the indicated fast lap shown on Mylaps. (Lap 6 was indeed our fastest of the race since the entire lap was both trouble free and clean.) So I think it's fair to say that Anthony set the new track record. Be it either the 1:42.95 as Mylaps has it, or the 1:43.36 as the official SCCA results have at, it's his. Very nice run Anthony and congratulations! Hope to see you again next year. Hopefully we’ll be able to run not just a fast lap here and there, but a fast race too. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Kevin, looks like you dipped in the 44s. Good job man, you improved consistently all weekend!

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA

gsbaker
11-10-2004, 03:39 PM
One of the T&S guys was with us at breakfast on Sunday. He said they had to switch to the backup system on Saturday after a SM took out the timing loop. Something about the backup was slower than the normal system and some cars were occasionally getting dropped. T&S workers had to manually fill in the blanks--heard it was a little hectic.

It's probably safe to assume the human beings eventually got it right, but if some data was missed your times may shift to a different lap.

Gregg

R2 Racing
11-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Alex - Anthony told me after the race that he saw a 1:42.9 show up on his hot lap timer during the race so I'm assuming that's what he hit. I don't know if he's getting credit for it or not, I hope so.

My Dad had me at start finish do a 1:44.9 around lap 5 or 6 - that must be the best lap they have me listed for. Ok, so I only need two more seconds......ouch! So much work to do.

Kevin
RuckRacing ITA Integra

tdw6974
11-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by R2 Racing:
Scott - I hear ya about the camera. I had one in my car during Saturday's ITA race but it unfortunately only captured about the first 8 laps or so before it turned itself off. I was very pissed when i saw it didn't get all of it.

Why is it I have a vast library of boring ass in car camera footage in perfect, full length condition? I swear all of the good/fun/exciting races, that stupid camera doesn't work at all or quits half way through.
I believe the old timers refer to this as "Murphy's Law"