PDA

View Full Version : Entry List?

Colin Harmer
10-30-2004, 08:52 AM
I know that all the ARRC staff are working their tails off for this event but....

Is there going to be an entry list up on the arrc-online site soon? I would love to know who else will be there fighting for the crown (and a rare photo oppertunity with Ms. ARRC)

Thanks,

------------------
Colin Harmer
ITB 2-Red Golf
Halifax, NS
www.gomuchfaster.com
[email protected]

bobpink
10-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Will try to have something up by Monday.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

R2 Racing
10-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by bobpink:
Will try to have something up by Monday.

Good, I need to see all of the people I'll be beating a week from today http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

(yea right....)

bobpink
10-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Entry list is now up for the ARRC. Good to see some hot shoes from years past showing up.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

RSTPerformance
10-31-2004, 06:35 PM
A little sad, but still excited... Not as big a list as I would have thought for ITB...

ITB = Germany (Mostly VW)

VW Golf 11
Audi Coupe 2
BMW 2002 2
BMW 318i 1 (I thought you sold that car?)
Volvo 142 3

Where is the veriety of cars that we see here in the Northeast? Sabb, Opal GT, Alfa, Dodge.

Raymond
RST Performance Racing (The 2 Audi's)

RSTPerformance
10-31-2004, 06:46 PM
How many can start the enduro?

Raymond

bobpink
10-31-2004, 07:25 PM
ITB has been fairly weak for a few years now. Not a whole lot of cars running here is the Southeast. I can recall when the ProIT here in the Atlanta Region regularly started 60+ cars...nowadays it can be in the high 20s to low 30s.

I think the addition of Spec Miata has hurt IT numbers across the board. Maybe with some of the new things being done with IT the numbers will grow again.

Don't know exactly how many cars can start a race at Road Atlanta, but it is somewhere just north of the 70 mark. With 77 entries it is going to be close. Think the highest number I've seen is 73.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

Anubis
10-31-2004, 07:47 PM
I would suspect at most 60 cars starting the enduro.

Huge entries... this is gonna be a great weekend. Not sure what do with 50 SM's, think just close my eyes and see no evil. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

------------------
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
Running from beatings, deflating.
I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.

[This message has been edited by Anubis (edited October 31, 2004).]

R2 Racing
11-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Holy crap that's a lot of cars!

17 cars in ITA consisting of 7 CRX's, 6 Integra's (woo!), and 5 CenDiv cars (double woo!). 11 IT7 cars too. Hopefully we'll get a couple more ITA cars to show up.

Kevin
RuckRacing ITA Integra

bobpink
11-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Would be nice to see some more ITA entries, but after reading through them I think everyone is going to have their hands full. There are some real good shoes in this group including Serra, Muresan, Moser and Beyersdorf. Don't recognize some of the other names so there could be more.

Glad you are really looking forward to the ARRC Kevin. If you've never driven Road Atlanta before just remember to take your time learning your way around as this track can bite you hard if you mess up.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

dspillrat
11-01-2004, 10:01 AM
WOW...14 bimmers in ITS...14 X 325 crank HP avg..3290 horsies!!!

david

[This message has been edited by dspillrat (edited November 01, 2004).]

dspillrat
11-01-2004, 10:14 AM
double post....

[This message has been edited by dspillrat (edited November 01, 2004).]

JIgou
11-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Anubis:
Not sure what do with 50 SM's, think just close my eyes and see no evil. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

Lance, stop by the Iowa SM paddock spot and we'll do whatever we need to do to encourage that vision.....

http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

Jarrod

bldn10
11-01-2004, 11:37 AM
"Don't know exactly how many cars can start a race at Road Atlanta, but it is somewhere just north of the 70 mark. With 77 entries it is going to be close. Think the highest number I've seen is 73."

Bob, I'm looking at the results from the 1996 Enduro and there were 75 starters, 55 finishers, and what looks like 83 entries. The field was gridded on the track and it spanned from almost pit out to the dip. Quite a spectacle.

The info on ARRC-online says that the enduro will be the top 65 qualifiers w/ classes pro-rated per no. of entries. I'm not entered but wonder what happens to your money if you don't qualify. SM qualifing should be very interesting back in the pack for the last spot in the enduro.

bobpink
11-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Bill,

That's the enduro I recall and I was pretty close on my estimate of starters. I think it took about 20 seconds for all of the cars to get the green flag.

Originally posted by bldn10:
Bob, I'm looking at the results from the 1996 Enduro and there were 75 starters, 55 finishers, and what looks like 83 entries.

Good question and I don't know the answer. I will see what I can find out so everyone will know.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">The info on ARRC-online says that the enduro will be the top 65 qualifiers w/ classes pro-rated per no. of entries. I'm not entered but wonder what happens to your money if you don't qualify.</font>

R2 Racing
11-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by bobpink:
Would be nice to see some more ITA entries, but after reading through them I think everyone is going to have their hands full. There are some real good shoes in this group including Serra, Muresan, Moser and Beyersdorf.

I've been following Beyersdorf and Bob & Joey Moser around all year. Every now and then I can finish near a Moser but no way can I touch Beyersdorf. His car has been insanely hooked up all year and nearly untouchable at Mid Ohio. He might be real hard to beat come Saturday. It'll be interesting to see how Joey does in Bob's car. Joey's car got balled up at Mid Ohio in September so he's using Bob's. Bob beat the track record pretty good this year in that car with a 1:44.4 - half a second faster than me http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif

This will be my third ARRC but first driving it so I'm fairly familiar with the track and how it can bite people. I'll probably crap myself the first time under the bridge and down the hill though.

But yea, with the 4 you listed, I guess I'll be gunning for 5th.

RSTPerformance
11-01-2004, 01:46 PM
R2 Racing-

It was mentioned last year a bit, but if you make a mess of those pants coming down the hill at Road Atlanta don't go to Lime Rock Park, I would hate to see what happens to you their http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Raymond "Its not that bad" Blethen

apr67
11-01-2004, 01:57 PM
I think the bridge to turn 12 is pretty unscary for me these days. Back before they redid the track you did feel like you had very little extra grip. Now it seems like I have plenty, and even in the wet I didn't have to slow down.

Now, to me the biggest scary part of the track is turning down into the esses when you car is twichy loose, or turning at 5 when you just nick the curb.

But I guess it's like everything. The first time I went flat through the kink at RA, I thought it was an amazing feat. A race later when I was getting passed by an ITE space shuttle, I realized that the kink just ain't dat scary in an ITB car.

Alan

Ron
11-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Our ITB Mustang would be there but its at the frame shop, again. It turns out the nose of the car keeps hitting things, walls at RA or gaurd rails at VIR.

Ron Sattele
Flat nose Mustang

R2 Racing
11-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by apr67:
I think the bridge to turn 12 is pretty unscary for me these days. Now it seems like I have plenty, and even in the wet I didn't have to slow down.

The first time I went flat through the kink at RA, I thought it was an amazing feat. A race later when I was getting passed by an ITE space shuttle, I realized that the kink just ain't dat scary in an ITB car.

Do you think an ITA car should be able to go through turn 12 flat out? All of the in car camera footage I have is in ITB & ITC cars and they do it.

Try running the kink at Road America in an ITA car that exited the carousel at 100mph. It took me all weekend to get up the balls to flat foot through there. Having only done it in ITC cars, the move to an ITA car made it a lot more interesting.

Raymond - after knocking off Watkins Glen last year and now Road Atlanta this year, VIR and Limerock are numbers 1 and 2 on my list of "tracks to do".

apr67
11-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by bldn10:

The info on ARRC-online says that the enduro will be the top 65 qualifiers w/ classes pro-rated per no. of entries. pack for the last spot in the enduro.

Here is a quote from what is online:

3. The Enduro is open to all ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITT, IT7, Spec 7, & Spec Miata (SM). This event will be limited to the first sixty-five entries received A limited number of stand-by entries may be accepted.

Sounds to me like the first 65 can race, standby's can fill in if someone doesn't make it.

bobpink
11-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by R2 Racing:
Do you think an ITA car should be able to go through turn 12 flat out?

All classes of cars generally go through 12 flat out. It is when you lift that you can get in trouble. As Alan pointed out, this corner is not near as scary as it used to be when the "dip" was part of the track. Spend some time thinking about turns 1 and 5 too. These corners will affect your lap time more than 12.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

bldn10
11-01-2004, 06:43 PM
"8. Qualifying & Grid: Qualifying positions for the ARRC Races and the enduros will be determined by the fastest time for each driver from all qualifying sessions. The top 65 qualifiers will start the ARRC & enduro races. For groups with more than one class, the number of starters will be directly proportional to the number of cars in each class. Qualifying times will be posted at the base of the tower."

Someone needs to get their you know what together. Bob, this is serious - help!

------------------
Bill Denton
87/89 ITS RX-7
02 Audi TT225QC
95 Tahoe
Memphis

Hracer
11-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Driving with a cool head is particularly rewarding around Road Atlanta. It’s very easy to end a weekend too soon if not careful, but once you’ll be comfortable around this track you will absolutely love it. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Look for a yellow/blue integra. (Regarding your question, yes as Bob said an IT car should have the potential to go flat through T12.)

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA

[This message has been edited by Hracer (edited November 01, 2004).]

R2 Racing
11-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, I'm sure it'll take some building up to go through turn 12 flat. Good to know it's possible though. Is turn 5 the left hander after the esses section? If so, than yea, 1 and 5 look to be very important turns at the previous ARRC's I spectated at. Road Atlanta to me almost looks like a cross between Mid Ohio and Road America - two of my favorites so I'm sure I'll love it.

Alex - I'm looking forard to meeting you too. It'll be nice to see some other Integra's that've been around a while and talk to fellow Integra racers. Hopefully I can get an idea of what mine might need and how it's coming along. CenDiv only has two ITA Integra's running; mine in its first year and the other with two years on it.

Kevin
RuckRacing ITA Integra (#73 this weekend)

Greg Amy
11-01-2004, 10:04 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...Back before they redid the track...</font>

Ah, the old days! Out of curiousity, I went into the closet and dug out some old tapes. I created a comparison of the current Turn 7 through the bridge to the track as it was in 1991 (complete with the Runoffs-only chicane!) As much as I was expecting the worst when I went to the ARRC last year, and while I do miss the whooop-de-doo! going through the bridge back then, I think truly do like the new configuration more.

(Link deleted...)

GregA

[This message has been edited by GregAmy (edited November 10, 2004).]

moto62
11-02-2004, 12:08 AM
...But yea, with the 4 you listed, I guess I'll be gunning for 5th.

Make that 6th http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif
Ray
ITA Integra

Hracer
11-02-2004, 12:27 PM
It'll be nice to see some other Integra's that've been around a while and talk to fellow Integra racers... CenDiv only has two ITA Integra's running; mine in its first year and the other with two years on it.

Our Integra is quite young. It also hatched earlier this year! The ARRC will be my first SCCA race with it. So after this weekend we will know just how much faster we will need to make it as well as the driver for next time. I've been used to driving around those little CRXs, so it will be especially fun to see how things look like from the "other" side. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif See you there man.

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA

R2 Racing
11-02-2004, 02:31 PM
So are we considered "the dark side of ITA"? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Corner weighted the car today and checked all toe and camber settings. I think she's ready to go. ETA - 34.5 hours.

Tom Donnelly
11-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Greg,

Great clip. As I watched the "dip" version I thought, "Hey, he uses the pit road too". "Hey!, he uses alot more of pit road than I ever did". "Hey!, oh, he pitted".

Tom

Greg Amy
11-02-2004, 05:29 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">\"...oh, he pitted\".</font>

http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Yeah, that was the only easily-accessible clip I had where I wasn't tucked under someone's butt...!

I remember how we used to use a *lot* of that pit lane on the exit from under the bridge (sideays, some times). And SCCA hated it, even trying to penalize folks for doing it. Then, they put in those raised gator teeth to try and stop it and that didn't work, so they finally just gave up. I suspect that's why Panoz straightened out the entrance to the bridge, so that folks would no encroach into the pit lane and possibly hit someone going slow. However, it sure makes pit entry into a blind run...

Man, I sure wish I was going this year. There's always next year...!

GA

gsbaker
11-03-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by GregAmy:
Man, I sure wish I was going this year.

You lightweight! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

C'mon Greg, fire up that winged thing and come down.

Gregg

R2 Racing
11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
This sucks. I'm just sitting around here waiting for my Hoosiers to be delivered. Everything else is ready and I can leave when they show up.

Here's an interesting story: Here in the CenDiv, MidWest Hoosier runs a contingency that if you buy your first set of tires from them in the spring, have Hoosier decals on your car, and a Hoosier patch on your suit, then they provide a contingency for you. That is if you win a race, you get credit for a free tire; if you finish second, you get credit for half a tire. So I had saved up enough credit for three free tires from them. I called them last Thursday and ordered those three and bought one more - they said no problem. I called again Monday afternoon asking where my tires were and they say "Oh, we were just about to write you a letter. We are all out of our contingency tires for the year." WHAT!? I was irrate! Is this not a breach of contract?! To make a long story short, I pissed and moaned and ended up having to just order four tires and paying for them (ouch!) just to get them here. So now this leaves me here Wednesday hoping my tires I wasn't budgeting for arrive soon so my now even more poor ass can leave.

So.....how far along has Hankook, Kumho, and Toyo come? I'm not happy about this.

gsbaker
11-03-2004, 12:43 PM
R2,

If you can, cancel this order and hit the road. IIRC, Hoosier had a truck full of tires at last year's ARRC.

Gregg

R2 Racing
11-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Well, it's 2:50 and still no sign. UPS can only tell me that "They're going to be delivered between 9am and 7pm today." I'm tempted to say screw it and leave but it's too late to cancel this order I already have.

bldn10
11-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Well, here we are the day before the event and we still do not know how the enduro field will be determined. Fletch thinks its via qualifying but we need a definitive answer.