PDA

View Full Version : Tentative Schedule posted

bobpink
09-29-2004, 01:21 AM
A tentative schedule for the 2004 ARRC has been posted. We do not expect any changes.

Visit the website at: www.arrc-online.com (http://www.arrc-online.com)

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude (no longer for sale, I think)

[This message has been edited by bobpink (edited September 29, 2004).]

RSTPerformance
09-29-2004, 02:51 AM
What is ProIT (#7) and COOL SHIRT Super Pro Shootout (#9)?

Sorry if it is a dumb question http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/frown.gif

Also when can we register??? Wondering what entry fees will be this year...

Thanks;

Raymond

PS: Thank you for posting the update http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by RSTPerformance (edited September 29, 2004).]

bobpink
09-29-2004, 09:55 AM
ProIT is an Improved Touring series we've been running here in the Southeast. I believe this race will combine all of the IT groups into one sprint race.

I don't know what the COOL SHIRT race is all about myself, but I believe this will be a race for SPO and big bore cars. I am waiting on information about this and it will be posted on the ARRC website as soon as I get it.

We hope to have registration open shortly. The addition of the 10th race group required rewriting some code for the on-line entry form.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude (no longer for sale, I think)

[This message has been edited by bobpink (edited September 29, 2004).]

RSTPerformance
09-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by bobpink:
ProIT is an Improved Touring series we've been running here in the Southeast. I believe this race will combine all of the IT groups into one sprint race.

Do you know if anyone will be allowed to enter the Pro IT race?

Stephen

m glassburner
09-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Should be open to everyone...I believe cash as well as a trophy....If it's the same as when we did it last you WILL need tow hooks... good luck!! http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

ITTdriver
09-30-2004, 08:58 PM
The Cool Shirt PRO-SPO is a "run what you brung" event for the big bore guys to play. There is an additional entry fee but also serious prize money paid well into the field. Butch Kummer is ramrodding the event with full sponsorship from Rich at Cool Shirt. Depending on the size of grid the pay out for a win could be several thousand dollars.

------------------
Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are sports. The rest are just games.
Hemingway.

slickS14
10-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Bob, Why is the first session on friday a qualifying session and practice on Saturday? Is that backwards or is it basicaly forcing people to test on Friday to get practice in? Thanks alot....Chris

RSTPerformance
10-15-2004, 06:55 PM
"The Pay out COULD be..."

That really scares me... I am not sure why sponsorship/contingencies are not spelled out in advance to people registering a race. Contingencies are suposed to attract racers and they do... I always wonder why people think that they are going to win big, when anyone can be a sponsor, they just need to offer $5.00 to the winner.

I am bitter on this cause I have been jipped before thinking I was getting something, winning and finding out that their was nothing but empty could be's.

None of the sponsors are sponsors till I see something in writting, or in my pocket http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

Thank you to those that do publisize actual winnings in advance of registration http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

Raymond "hoping (big word) that some contingencies havn't changed for 04" Blethen

Anubis
10-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Exact numbers for the Cool Shirt SuperPro Shootout are determined by the amount of entrants. Of course more people that play, the more money it will pay. In the supps Butch used 30 starters but also listed how much of the entry was going towards the prize fund, what % you get depending where you finish and how much Cool Shirt will pay.

http://www.arrc-online.com/rules_suppscss.html

------------------
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
Running from beatings, deflating.
I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.

Anubis
10-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by slickS14:
Bob, Why is the first session on friday a qualifying session and practice on Saturday? Is that backwards or is it basicaly forcing people to test on Friday to get practice in? Thanks alot....Chris

Actual event kicks off on Friday with practice and qualifying, race for PRO IT. Thursday is the road atlanta test day.

------------------
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C

slickS14
10-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Exactly, the first session of the event is qualifying for all groups. That basically forces you to either run the test day or throw away a qualifying session to seat freshened motors or new brakes, etc...common things people bring to the ARRC. Just an observance or the schedule is not listed correctly.

Hracer
10-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Exactly, the first session of the event is qualifying for all groups. That basically forces you to either run the test day or throw away a qualifying session to seat freshened motors or new brakes, etc...common things people bring to the ARRC. Just an observance or the schedule is not listed correctly.

Don't forget you get 2 qualifying sessions for the ARRC. So you can always consider the first one as a practice session. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif Not only that, but also running the Pro IT’s qualifying session on Friday plus the 20 lap race gives the option for a significant amount of track time before the actual ARRC race - something which was not the case in past years.

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA

[This message has been edited by Hracer (edited October 16, 2004).]

slickS14
10-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Alex, The pro-IT is a great chance to tear up your car before the ARRC race on Saturday as well. My point was lost so never mind...Test day it is. Thanks anyways

Hracer
10-16-2004, 10:58 PM
I agree with you slickS14, and it's a reason that many (including myself) will skip running that race. However as I said above, the *option* for additional track time is there for those who may want to have more track time before the ARRC race. Yes, the test day on Thursday is a good idea. Hope you'll have fun and good luck!

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA

Rick_htm
10-17-2004, 10:55 AM
can someone affiliated with the Atlanta region answer a question for me? i registered within the first 24 hrs that the online reg. was available. it still charged me a $100 late fee. should i just ignore this or is there someone i should contact to dispute this. i thought there would be some discussion or clearification posted but apperantly this problem must not have been widespread. thanks and good luck to all.

chuck baader
10-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Rick, go back to the online registration web site and contact administrator, Jim Pennington. He will be able to straighten out the mistake. (www.fingroup.com)

------------------
Chuck Baader
#36 ITA E30 BMW
Alabama Region Divisional Registrar

bobpink
10-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Please see the "Online Registration problems" thread for an explanation of problems people have been having.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

[This message has been edited by bobpink (edited October 17, 2004).]

RSTPerformance
10-18-2004, 01:49 AM
Alex, The pro-IT is a great chance to tear up your car before the ARRC race on Saturday as well. My point was lost so never mind...Test day it is. Thanks anyways

Not sure why we don't all just take an extra 5-10 min in qualifying, get rid of the pro IT race, and make the ARRC also the final PRO-IT race for 2004.

Stephen

MSPERBER
10-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Hi, I like the idea of just take the extra 5-10 mins to qualify. Do not confuse the item that the Pro IT should be run for points. Our series has run and this was a late addition to the Arrc program. The arrc is the IT crown, run the friday race for money and medals but not for points, and especially double points as listed. We had our double points event already. This is a case of the Pro IT committee asking for too much. For those not familiar the PRo IT group of racers are a dedicated group. We run ITS thru ITB and our own brand of ITT Trucks. The times for the real fast ITS cars are 10 seconds faster than the fast Trucks or some B cars. Double the points for those who raced all year and put someone not familiar with road Atlanta there, and not be in the hunt for year end money, which has be adding up all year is in this racers opinion crazy. You have a way around this eliminate the points!!!! NO crazy moves, the extra time on track, money and medals awarded, but control of the situation. I have been running the PRo It series for 10 years so the prospect of this race with so many first timers to the group is great eliminate the extra effort of the points issue.

RSTPerformance
10-26-2004, 08:35 PM
I have a question that is super important. I am registered for the Enduro however I also have a flight that leaves Atlanta at 7:05. I need to know what time the enduro is. It says at 12:30 race group 9 starts and is 50 min long. Am I correct in guessing that the enduro is 2:00 to 5:00? If so I am going to guess that I will only be able to run until 4:30 to make my flight. Map quest says 1hr 12min to get from the track to the airport. I will then have a rental to return and check in.

My questions:

1. what time is the enduro for sure?
2. Does anyone have shortcuts and or know how long it honestly will take to get to the airport

bobpink
10-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Can't say exactly what time the Enduro will start, but a good guess would be 1:30pm to 1:45pm.

Haven't driven there in a while, but I would give yourself a couple of hours to deal with the airport travel and goings on. Leaving at 4:30pm could be cutting it kind of close. Even though it will be Sunday, you never know about traffic here. There are no shortcuts to getting there as it is pretty much a straight shot down I-85 to I-75 through downtown to the airport.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

Anubis
10-27-2004, 04:05 PM
At best you can expect to make it to the airport in 1 1/2 hours, although giving yourself 2 hours would probably be a good idea. Traffic shouldn't be too bad unless there is an accident.

------------------
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C