PDA

View Full Version : ARRC Pro IT event

Hracer
10-13-2004, 12:01 PM
I see that online registration has opened, and I have a couple of quick questions. Is the Pro IT event for points? And if so does it count for '04 or '05? Thanks! Looking forward to the ARRC weekend!

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA

bobpink
10-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Alex,

I've been told the ProIT counts for points. Didn't hear back if the points were for 2004 or 2005.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

Hracer
10-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks Bob!

But it would be really great to know for which year the points are given before registering for the weekend. Based on this I will also know how many tires we will need to run the weekend. http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif Is there someone I can call/email to find this out? Thanks again.

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA

mgreene87
10-13-2004, 09:45 PM
Alex,

I am 99% sure that the Pro It race counts towards the '04 season. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure. Anyway, I hope your new car is ready to go!

Michael G.

bobpink
10-13-2004, 09:57 PM
It is the final event of the ProIT schedule for 2004 and is a double points event.

------------------
Bob Pinkowski
Atlanta Region SCCA
ITS Honda Prelude

Hracer
10-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the info Bob.

Michael, the car is ready to go and I can't wait. See ya in three weeks!

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA

[This message has been edited by Hracer (edited October 14, 2004).]

MSPERBER
10-14-2004, 01:57 PM
This is one racers view, Its unfair to add an event for the pro It series at this date and list it as a double points event. The published calender for the series, in Jan of 04 stated the 7 dates and points structure. The rules in Pro It allow as stated in 11.1 for the governing body to deviate from the rules for circumstances beyond their control. 8.5 and 8.7 speak to points awarded in six events. We have run 7 as the schedule set forth. What does adding this event to the ARRC show do for the pro It racers. The race for PRO IT has been for the last 7 years always been the last race of the weekend, regional race or National. At the ARRC its on FRiday?, before the weekends biggest races. Want to show off the Pro It series, do it, pay the money but as an exhibition event, no POINTS. Yes this does affect some racers who have participated in this years events, (I've participated solely in the PRO IT for over 10 YEARS) Run the pro, Let the ARRC be the crown it deserves but remember the arrc is once a year the PRO IT is seven times a year, not eight unless we all dicide. Just this racers view.

OTLimit
10-14-2004, 04:18 PM
We actually appreciate the opportunity to participate in a ProIT race. I don't agree that it should be a double points event, especially if the regular participants didn't know it would be that way from the first race.

None of us who will run it will get any year-end money (at least the way I read the scant rules I could find), and it's going to be hard to bring enough tires for all of the track time, but does anyone really think that Chris would willingly WATCH the race instead of PARTICIPATE? http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers

[This message has been edited by OTLimit (edited October 14, 2004).]

Hracer
10-14-2004, 04:27 PM
MSPERBER’s concern is also one that I was sharing behind the scenes. First of all, I do think it is a great idea to have a Pro IT race on the ARRC weekend. It’s also particularly useful for people coming from other regions in order to get valuable track time before the ARRC sprint. The only drawback I see is the *combination* of two separate factors: one, is that it is for points, and two is that it is scheduled before the ARRC sprint. I think that eliminating any one of these two factors may satisfy most people’s concerns. I also realize that addressing the second factor I am sure would be very difficult to solve due to scheduling issues.

I did not run for points this year in the Pro ITs, so it does not hurt me skipping this Pro IT to save the car/tires/brakes for the sprint on Saturday and enduro on Sunday. However had I been running for the points, I would have had to run the Pro IT. The points problem is a non-issue for anybody from out of the region, so in a way this takes the hardest toll only on the local drivers who ran for points. Again, I think this is a great idea to have the Pro IT on the ARRC weekend and if we weren’t planning to run the enduro on sunday, I would run this Pro IT even if it precedes the ARRC. And if this were a points event for ’05 then we would also be “forced” to run it and source up the additional tires and brakes needed to run all three races. So, I definitely do see MSPERBER’s concern.

Finally, I’m really looking forward to the ARRC weekend, as well as running the Pro IT races next season!!

------------------
Alex
#90 ITA