PDA

View Full Version : stabilizer bars

jamsilvia
05-06-2005, 07:44 AM
What setups do people recommend for stabilizer bars? I've heard people running much stiffer front and rear bars, and I've heard of people running a stock or slightly upgraded front bar, with no rear bar.

Any recomendations?

Thanks!
joe

murphyd
05-06-2005, 08:19 AM
We are running the stock front bar on our 95 240sx, but added adjustable plate with heim joints on the ends. This gives us a lot of fine tuning. We have always leaned toward balancing the car with heavier or lighter springs and then used the adjustable bars for fine tuning. Currently we are not running a rear bar. We have consider a very light bar but have not taken that step yet.

------------------
David Murphy
Murphy Motorsports
ITS 240sx
www.murphymotorsports.net

slickS14
05-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Custom front bar from somebody like Robinson Racing in Atlanta and NO rear bar works the best for me in my ITS S14. I went through every "bolt-on" bar available last year to try them and ended up with above mentioned. Have thought of maybe trying a modified stock rear bar with my current set up but it really handles well now, I just like to tinker for that next tenth of a second... Call Barry at Robinson Racing at 770-888-1510, he'll hook you up.

ITA240
05-06-2005, 08:40 AM
I'll second the no rear bar. I started with a rear bar on the S13, ended up faster and more driveable without it.

Jim

Joe Harlan
05-06-2005, 10:05 AM
So what are the advantages you find in no rear bar?

What spring rates are you running F&R?

ITA240
05-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Joe,
I started with 450/300, with front and rear bars. It felt loose, but very "snappy" when it let go. AFter several different rates and alignment changes, I ended up with 550/350 and no rear bar. It was still slightly loose, but very driveable. This was on Hoosier S03's with approx 36/30 psi cold.

***disclaimer: I sold the car some time ago, so I may be slightly off on pressures, etc. http://ITForum.ImprovedTouring.com/smile.gif

Jim