PDA

View Full Version : Source for T/C Sphericals for 240SX??

Banzai240
10-25-2004, 07:54 AM
Can anyone recommend a source for replacing the T/C Bushings with Sphericals for the 240SX? It's time to start getting "serious"... http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX
http://home.comcast.net/~djjordan/Web/DJ_AV1.jpg

erlrich
10-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Darin -

Try West Tek in Topeka, KS: 785-235-6701 ask for Tim. Really nice guy.

Also, there's a company called SPL Parts in Round Rock, TX. (www.splparts.com). I know nothing about their quality or service, but they do offer, among other things, solid aluminum subframe bushings that I was seriously thinking of trying.

Earl

[This message has been edited by erlrich (edited October 25, 2004).]

OTLimit
11-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Darin,
Call Tim at West Tek. He's a VERY good friend. Does an excellent job, and knows what he is doing.

------------------
Lesley Albin
Over The Limit Racing
Blazen Golden Retrievers

Tristan Smith
11-03-2004, 03:01 AM
Darin, just don't be surprized at the cost. When I was building my car, no one to my knowledge was machining the parts to do this mod. So I did it out of neccesity. It was very labor intensive, so you will be paying someone for their time involved. I think i did recently see a set designed for the 300zx, and they use the same parts. Do a search on the web for 300zx suspension parts.

------------------
Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

[This message has been edited by Tristan Smith (edited November 05, 2004).]

DavidM
11-08-2004, 04:08 PM
This thread is a couple weeks old, but thought I'd chime in about spl parts. They (used to be just mainly one guy) get all kinds of imports from Japan. All sorts of stuff only found there. I've ordered suspension pieces from them for my 300ZX. Good guy and good service. You may have to wait a while though if he doesn't have it on hand and has to get it sent from Japan.

David

Joe Harlan
11-10-2004, 11:38 AM
I make a custom bearing carrier for the stock T/C rod that can be pressed in. The after market stuff is a complete replacement part with a threaded sleeve which I don't believe is legal.