PDA

View Full Version : Pictures & sources for 240sx air dam and ducting?

turboICE
09-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Looking for sources for air dam and ducting for a 90 240sx.

Pictures would be bonus!

Ed.

MMiskoe
09-16-2004, 04:28 PM
On my 300zx I used 1/4" plywood. I figured if it was good enough for formula atlantic belly pans & trans am nose bottoms it would suffice for an IT car.

Hinged at the back where it attaches to the bottom radiator shroud and angled down to the same height as wheel rim, follows the profile of the bumper per GCR. Lift it up and clamp it to get the car on the trailer.

its66
09-16-2004, 10:23 PM
The urethane one that I had came from Nismo. It was very durable. I haven't checked recently to see if it is still available. It would be very easy to fabricate a splitter off the bottom of this spoiler also.

Jim
ITS66

Tristan Smith
09-17-2004, 10:45 AM
The Nismo one is no longer available I believe, but was made by "Erebuni" if I recall correctly. But I am not sure that they are still made either. You will have to look around and see what is available. You will have to fabricate your own duct work to the hubs and brakes. I suggest getting two three inch ducts to each brake/hub. Depending on the front air dam you find, you will have to figure out what works best for your set up.

------------------
Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

bilracer
09-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Mine was made by Xenon (zee-non)
I don't remember the part number but I think they made the nismo one at one time.

Tristan Smith
09-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Bilracer is correct. After doing some research on the web, that is the one Nissan Motorsports use to sell. Although the one on my car is painted, you can kinda see it on the "action Picture of the month" photo of my car on the home page of this website.

------------------
Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56