PDA

View Full Version : Sebring rear ratios for 240z

dspillrat
07-28-2004, 10:20 AM
HI Guys,
Looking for a little advice here for ideal rear ratios for Sebring. Interested in running sometime, hoping one or more might know for sure best ratio.

david spillman

Tom Donnelly
07-28-2004, 01:22 PM
David,
Never been to Sebring. There is a long and short course. My guess would be a 3.90. How's your son Adam doing? Are his teeth fixed yet?

Tom
(I was asking about his teeth because the last I heard, he was out of the hospital but was missing some front teeth and was embarassed about it. Is his physical therapy finished? And is he still riding?)

[This message has been edited by Tom Donnelly (edited July 28, 2004).]

ITA240
07-28-2004, 01:40 PM
David,
I'm not sure what tire size you run. For long course, I'm assuming **(dangerously) a 225/55/14, you will be right at 7,100 rpm with a 3.90 rear running the same speed as my ITA 240 SX was on the straights. I'm guessing you will have a little more speed than I did.

Jim

**disclaimer- The above mentioned data, while given using sound mathematical computation, is calculated by someone who has NEVER driven a Z car on the track in anger. take it for what it is worth http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/smile.gif

dspillrat
07-28-2004, 07:53 PM
HI Tom,
Adam is doing great, really our miricle kid. Playing golf and most any other activity...except for bikes for now...We don't blame the bikes, but the chance of another hard impact to the head are a little too high for our tastes right now. Teeth are partials, with emplants waiting on bone and meat to heal suffiently to screw in those studs. Adams finished with therapy, we're hitting sylvan learning center 4 days a week now...to work on the stuff thats been scrambled slightly. But considering him taking a 21 day nap...he's in great shape. Thank God.
We've been hitting a few autocross events and HPDE schools last month or so. Ryan and Adam are both showing more interest in the 4 wheel racing direction. Looking to have both licensed by next fall.
My car is really close to being back together now, I'm really looking foward to getting back on the track "any track"
Sebring is the next event.

Jim, We run the 225/50/14...so a little shorter still then the 55s, plus I'm concerned of the extended 7000 rpm plus on my "freshened" engine
As far as ratios concerned I'm thinking 3.54 if straights are as long as they look on the track map.
David Spillman

[quote]Originally posted by Tom Donnelly:
My guess would be a 3.90. How's your son Adam doing? Are his teeth fixed yet?
"he was out of the hospital but was missing some front teeth and was embarassed about it. Is his physical therapy finished? And is he still riding? "

[This message has been edited by dspillrat (edited July 28, 2004).]

Tom Donnelly
07-29-2004, 09:51 AM
David,

Great to hear about Adam. And 4 wheels are much better than 2. I have a 3.54 welded that I haven't tried yet. I'm itching to get back on track too. Been thru some stuff that I had to address and its almost over.
Then I'll be back. Gotta go thru the schools again but I'll get to 'test' my new car as well as get back up to speed.

Tom