240sx race wheel offsets

slickS14

Just wondering what offsets people are using for the S13 and S14 in a race wheel and spacer thickness to avoid hitting the strut housing with the tire. Thanks

For an S13, 21 mm offset is about right.(15x7 inch size) Good luck finding them. Almost everything readily available is a 35-38 mm offset. That will need two of the cheap "Pep Boys" multi fit spacers. Team Dynamics will make them in the correct offset though. I think they were about $130/wheel plus shipping. You have to be patient though, because they don't stock these.

ITA240, shouldn't you change your username to wanker....I mean wankel now
biggrin.gif

I have some 16" JDM Volk drifter wheels that were specifically made for the 240sx. The tires are 225/50/16. The fronts are around 20mm offset and the rears are 25mm. If I put the rear 25mm offset wheels on the front they will rub the struts pretty badly. A 15" wheel might be another story since it has a smaller overall diameter with a shorter aspect ratio tire, but I would still stay under a 23 offset or so.
My 15" wheels with 225/45/15 tires are 15mm offset IIRC and are far from rubbing the inside or outside.

Thanks for the input, was wondering if I was only one having clearance issues. We have 30mm Team Dynamics now and they require alot of spacer to clear. I am attempting to order the 15mm from them that they list but I'm told it's up to a 4 month lead time!

Tim,
Ok, since I can't be one of the cool Nissan guys anymore, I will have to think of a new name. Maybe TRFKA ITA240 (The Racer Formerly Known As ITA240) hehehe... See if you can identify my next post...

submitted anonymously....

For the bargain basement version....

I am running the stock tear drop style wheels with 3/4" spacer. I would like a little bit more but don't want to put more stress on the studs.

I replaced the studs with longer ARP versions. The ones for a late model camero/vette seem to fit into our hubs nicely.

The car BTW is an '89 ITA 240 with 225-50-15 Toyos

H & R springs also has a 15mm - that fits great. I'm running 35mm offset with these and its just about perfect. Have to get the longer studs though. The extra long ones from NISMO work great.

Jason

------------------

I have broken a couple of the long nismo one. I changed over to the ARP ones. They are even longer and much stronger.

Jim

I reduced my spacer to 11/16" and switched to ARP studs. No problem so far....Was breaking Moroso studs with 25mm spacer and 35mm offset...BTW, I ordered Team Dynamics wheels 5 weeks ago, still waiting.

That is why I never bought their wheels. I was told that they have to order the undrilled, unfinished ones from England. The wait until they have enough orders to fill a container before actually getting them shipped. Don told me that if they have recently placed an order, it may be 6-8 weeks before the container gets here.

Well for those waiting on new team Dynamics wheels. I was told that the container is in Charlotte NC and scheduled to be unloaded the 18th of March. Hopefully everybodies stuff made it.

ARP # 100-7708

They are 5 to a pack. You will need new lug nuts also as the thread is 12 mm x1.5. The Nissan is 12mmx 1.25.

Jim

Back