PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control Coilovers 240sx

dougs1741
11-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Hello,

I am FINALLY ready to start build an 89 240sx coupe. Right now I am trying to pick out the right part number from Ground Control. Need to get the right lenght, dia., and spring rates.

Anyone have any tips on which spring to use with either the AGX's or Koinis? This will be a track only car and I have a little track time so STIFF is NOT a problem.

Thanks,
Doug

erlrich
11-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Doug - when I ordered mine I spoke with one of the guys at GC, explained what I wanted, and he suggested a 'package' for me, which included the Koni struts/shocks, ERS springs (7" - 450lb front/325lb rear), and GC camber plates & coilovers. If your pockets are a little deeper you might also consider the Advance Design struts/shocks they sell.

I am still developing my 240 (isn't that the euphemism for "I ran out of money before I finished building the damn car"?), but have had it out to the track (Summit Point) on several occasions, and have been extremely pleased with the handling thus far. Of course, I'm still developing the driver too, so my opinion really doesn't count for much.

Also, if you change the 'show topics from...' setting at the top of the page to just 'show all topics' you can look back through some of the older posts on this topic, there is some really good info out there. If you haven't already, you'll want to start thinking about alternate bushing material, sway bars, sub-frame bushings, etc. - it's all been covered at some point on this forum.

Oh, and welcome to the madness http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/biggrin.gif

------------------
Earl
ITA 240SX in process

Tristan Smith
12-02-2003, 11:24 AM
I believe my springs rates are 450 front 275 rear. I think that Jay at GC has been pushing a bit of a heavier spring in the back lately. I say go as soft as you can stand it. I have used both the Koni's and currently have the Advance designed shocks. So far I can't tell a ton of difference other than you do have some fine tuning ability with the the A.D. shocks. But if you are just starting out, getting the A.D. shocks mean more to get lost in set up, when seat time will be more of a benefit.

------------------
Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

ITA240
12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
I started with 450/300(rear bar). Ended up with 550/350. No rear bar. Just personal preference I guess.