PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE Oil Pan

TBreu007
06-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know where I can pick up an oil pan for my KA24DE with baffles, windage tray, etc? My engine builder highly recommended an aftermarket (or an accusump) since the KA's pan isn't the greatest.

I know Greddy makes one for the SR20's...what about the KA's?

Thanks,
Tim

Greg Amy
06-22-2003, 08:39 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">I know Greddy makes [an oil pan] for the SR20's...what about the KA's?</font>

Uh, they do??? Can you send/post a reference to that?

x-ring
06-22-2003, 11:22 PM
Did you check with Nissan comp? Courtesy Nissan lists a bunch of stuff that may or may not be in the current catalog.

I know they list a pan for the L24/28 series, it might be worth a (toll free) call.

Ty

Joe Harlan
06-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Nobody makes one for the ka24de as of yet.. I have started a proto type and have most of the patterns done. I don't see me having the time to finish it before the runoffs. I do have some crank scrapers in stock(I think)that I built for my stuff but the car does need more oil capacity. Also the Accusump is not a bad idea, But I will say with a crank scraper alone and turning my RS engines to 7200 I have seen no problems with bearings or oiling in general.
Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Harlan (edited June 23, 2003).]

TBreu007
06-23-2003, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty handy, but I don't really feel confident fabbing one up myself. It's better left to those who know much more than I. I spent some change on the motor...I can't afford to have it fry on me.

Joe, would you be willing to share some of you plans or ideas on the oil pan?

Thanks,
Tim
[email protected]

TBreu007
06-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by grega:
Uh, they do??? Can you send/post a reference to that?

Greddy oil pan:
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/gredoilpanki.html

There's a bunch of places you can get it, but I've always had good luck with Titan, and their prices are usually pretty competitive...especially on Greddy stuff.

Greg Amy
06-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Ah, that's the for SR20DET engine, not teh US-spec SR20DE. That engine fits into JDM cars longitudinally mounted, like the S13, S14, and S15.

This won't work on the US-spec cars SR20DE-powered cars, as all of ours were transverse-mounted. The kickouts will strike the center longitudinal engine mount.

Sigh. Oh, well...

TBreu007
06-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Sorry to get your hopes up. I should've been more specific...it wouldn't have taken me that much more time to type that DET in there.

handfulz28
06-24-2003, 10:57 AM
Hey Tim, I'm surprised he didn't make one for you. How much different would the 12-valve and 16-valve oil pans be? Cuz I think he makes one for the 12-valve.
Michael

TBreu007
06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Hi Michael, I was a bit surprised he didn't make me one as well. I guess the oil pans are different because he told me I should think about getting one made, or get an accusump http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/rolleyes.gif oh well.