PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Ground Control ?

sn8byte
06-04-2003, 02:49 PM
Hey guys;
I’m getting ready to upgrade my suspension on my ITS 240z project. I’ve already installed Urethane bushings & heavy sway bar; and have Tokico 5-way adjustables on the shelf (not installed yet).

I now need the coilovers and camber plates. The only manufacture I’m aware of is Ground Control. Does anyone know of alternative manufactures for 240Z racing suspension components?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

------------------

Thanks,
JWM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom Donnelly
06-04-2003, 05:05 PM
I personally really like the ground control coil-overs. There are several alternatives to the camber plates. Pegasus racing has some from carrera. Ground control has a really nice setup for camber plates too.

Tom

joeg
06-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Coilover sleeves are readily available from many sources--True Choice, AFCO, Carrera, etc.

Camber Plates are getting tougher to find because most manufacturers seem to want to incorporate (and charge extra for)the caster adjustment.

I made my own plates and got GC to sell me the old-style (camber-only) "sliders"--the part with the spherical bearing.

Good luck.

SpudZ
06-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Try Erik Messley at EMI Racing he makes some great camber plates and will help you out with your car set up. Here is his email addy . You will have to email him and let him know your set up and then he will help you with spring choices.

<[email protected]>

He is tough to get a hold of on the phone, because he also sets up the Viper cup cars .

Mike
Zdriver.com

kthomas
06-11-2003, 06:55 AM
There's also Don Oldenberg at Design Products Racing, who branched off from Tilton when Tilton got out of the old Z business. 714-892-1513 is the last phone number I have for him.

------------------
katman