PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Motorsports?

erlrich
06-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know what's happening with Nissan Motorsports? I just noticed Courtesy no longer has the NM section on their website, and nismoparts.com now has "Nismo Performance" parts instead of Nissan Motorsports. I hope this is just a cosmetic change, and not an indication of something bad. I do know I tried to order a NM part and a 2003 catalog from nismoparts.com a couple of weeks ago, and received an e-mail saying the part was no longer available, and that they would be sending just the catalog, which I still haven't received.

------------------
Earl
ITA 240SX in process

SpudZ
06-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Earl,
I have been on the phone with Nissan Motorsports at least four times in the last couple of weeks. Here is what I get from them on the new change. Nissan is about to launch NISMO parts in the US. These will be dealer only items,and will not be carried by Nissan Motorsports . Nissan Motorsports is s shoe string extension of the Nissan USA marketing dept. Its pretty sad that the people with all the racing experience will not be selling the new NISMO stuff .

Most of the parts that Nissan Motorsports sold were parts that NISMO Japan didn't want to handle. Mostly parts for the older cars , or parts they had made up for them.

Hopefully Nissan/Renault won't do away with the Motorsports guys, since they have a ton of knowledge.

Mike

SpudZ
06-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Here is the link to Courtesy Nissan's new Nismo page.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nismo/index.html

It looks similar to the letter I have from Nissan.If you don't have a Z32 or 240SX Nismo parts won't help you much. I have the feeling that if you have an older Nissan/Datsun your going to have to go aftermarket.

Mike