PDA

View Full Version : Suspension arms for 1990 240SX

Allen Murrell
03-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking for some direction from you guys. I have a 1990 240SX that I have built specifically for racing in Solo II street modified class. I've been racing in CP for a few years and have decided now to give this a shot. Anyway, the car has a SR20DET, greddy intercooler, Koni SA and ground control coil overs. I put in whiteline urethane bushings but am getting a bit of bind in the rear suspension. I'm also not able to get the alignment I want with the factory setup. Can someone point me to some adjustable rod end suspension arms that are readily available in the US? The JDM stuff is a 6 week wait, especially for cusco. What are you guys running on your cars? Thanks for the help

------------------
Allen
Delta Region SCCA

Joe Harlan
03-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Allen, Pretty much you have to build your own. I did a set for an EP car but I have not seen anyone building tube arms for these cars other than the JDM stuff.

bfrance
04-19-2003, 10:50 PM
If it's any help, search for battle version suspension stuff on google. It's made in the U.S., and they have adjustable rear upper control arms, tension/control rods, etc. Very competitively priced, too!

Hope that helps,

Ben France

*edit: here's the web address for these
http://www.k2rd.com/Online_Catalog/battlev...sion/index.html (http://www.k2rd.com/Online_Catalog/battleversion/index.html)
or you can pick them up at jspec.com, under 240sx and footworks category

[This message has been edited by bfrance (edited April 19, 2003).]

Allen Murrell
04-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Thanks for your help guys. What I finally did was have my own arms made through a friend of mine. I now have a set of chrome moly atms with rod ends for the rear of the car and the T/C rods are on the way. They came out really nice for a prototype set. I'm planning on selling these through my website. I have seen the battle version arms and they look good. I do feel that mine will be a bit better in that they are powder coated and will have a dust cover over the rod end to make them live longer. Thanks again for your help and good luck this season.

------------------
Allen
Delta Region SCCA