Suspension arms for 1990 240SX

Allen Murrell

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking for some direction from you guys. I have a 1990 240SX that I have built specifically for racing in Solo II street modified class. I've been racing in CP for a few years and have decided now to give this a shot. Anyway, the car has a SR20DET, greddy intercooler, Koni SA and ground control coil overs. I put in whiteline urethane bushings but am getting a bit of bind in the rear suspension. I'm also not able to get the alignment I want with the factory setup. Can someone point me to some adjustable rod end suspension arms that are readily available in the US? The JDM stuff is a 6 week wait, especially for cusco. What are you guys running on your cars? Thanks for the help

------------------
Allen
Delta Region SCCA

Allen, Pretty much you have to build your own. I did a set for an EP car but I have not seen anyone building tube arms for these cars other than the JDM stuff.

If it's any help, search for battle version suspension stuff on google. It's made in the U.S., and they have adjustable rear upper control arms, tension/control rods, etc. Very competitively priced, too!

Hope that helps,

Ben France

*edit: here's the web address for these
http://www.k2rd.com/Online_Catalog/battlev...sion/index.html
or you can pick them up at jspec.com, under 240sx and footworks category

[This message has been edited by bfrance (edited April 19, 2003).]

Thanks for your help guys. What I finally did was have my own arms made through a friend of mine. I now have a set of chrome moly atms with rod ends for the rear of the car and the T/C rods are on the way. They came out really nice for a prototype set. I'm planning on selling these through my website. I have seen the battle version arms and they look good. I do feel that mine will be a bit better in that they are powder coated and will have a dust cover over the rod end to make them live longer. Thanks again for your help and good luck this season.

------------------
Allen
Delta Region SCCA

Back