PDA

View Full Version : sandwich plates

dpc
02-08-2003, 06:25 PM
I am finally going to use my accusump and an oil cooler. What sandwich plate do I use, what measurements do I need to know in order to buy the right one. thanks dave

dpc
02-08-2003, 06:39 PM
sorry guys, the car is a 1990 240sx ITA. thanks dave

crs240sx
02-10-2003, 08:58 AM
I just got mine from PDM racing in BC. I have not yet installed it though so I can't really help with the other questions.

I am planning on running a cooler and a second filter.

handfulz28
02-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey Dave,
the one we've got came from JCWhitney. I think the 240 uses the same pattern as Fords.
Plus, I think there's a couple different types of "sandwich adapters" out there. There's the "remote filter" type of adapter which is strictly for creating "IN-OUT" at the oil filter mounting point. And then there's the one which is truly a "sandwich" in that you bolt the adapter to the mounting point, and then screw the filter to the adapter. The adapter has the "IN-OUT" ports.
Some people don't like the true-sandwich because at high psi it has a tendency to blow filters off. Others prefer the "remote-filter" type, because well it allows/requires the relocation of the oil filter.
FWIW, we're using the true-wich, haven't had problems running up to 60psi. I've seen others with the remote-filter.
Michael
Michael