PDA

View Full Version : ITA 240: exhaust and alignment??

handfulz28
11-14-2002, 01:03 PM
I could swear I've asked about exhausts before, but I couldn't find the old post. So here goes again: what's everybody running for exhausts/mufflers these days?
We've got a Hotshot header (2-2.25" at collector??)into a 2.5" pipe from the collector rearwards. We just installed a Dynomax bullet (2.5" pipe diam., 16" long) and a turndown; the turndown starts about where the swaybar is.
I haven't heard it, but my co-owner/driver says the sucker is LOUD, basically the muffler didn't do anything but cost us money.
I thought I remember Stretch saying he ran a 3" pipe, with turndown...no muffler.
On the alignment front, we're running Kumhos, so I know the settings are brand-dependent. But we just wanted to get a feel for what everybody else is experiencing. Also, we're running a Quaife diff and heavy/thick sway bars.
We're going to try around -2.5 camber all around, with a little toe out up front, and toe-in on the rear.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Michael
[email protected]

Tristan Smith
11-14-2002, 07:29 PM
I run a 3" pipe on mine and had to put a flowmaster muffler on to keep from getting tossed at tracks like Roebling and Kershaw. I know there are physics involved here, but how our big four bangers are louder than the ear bleeding rotories out there is beyond me. I think Billy Jones doesn't run a muffler, and untill this last ARRC I believe Ken Mersereau was getting by without one (although he told me he stopped going to Roebling because he was getting tossed for sound readings). Not sure if Bob Stretch is....can't remember. I think that if you are going to a variety of tracks, you will need to muffle the car. If you are just going to one or two tracks, then you may be able to get away with the set up you have. Sound Tech is an evil black art if you ask me.

Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56