PDA

View Full Version : steeering quick release hub

js
10-27-2002, 11:50 AM
looking to install a steering wheel quick release hub on my '72 240Z. I want to install a spline type (not the hex) with the finger tip release ring and not a pin release. They seem to come in two sizes, 5/8" and 3/4". Which size fits the Datsun best? (since I'm sure its shaft is Metric) Which brand is recommended? Since I thin the spline hub has to be welded on the shaft and there is a bearing right at the end of the Datsun shaft, how can I keep that bearing protected from the welding heat?

Geo
10-27-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by js:
looking to install a steering wheel quick release hub on my '72 240Z. I want to install a spline type (not the hex) with the finger tip release ring and not a pin release. They seem to come in two sizes, 5/8" and 3/4". Which size fits the Datsun best? (since I'm sure its shaft is Metric) Which brand is recommended? Since I thin the spline hub has to be welded on the shaft and there is a bearing right at the end of the Datsun shaft, how can I keep that bearing protected from the welding heat?

I have a bolt-on solution for you that should be available in around a week's time. It uses a splined QR mechanism and has a pull ring as you describe. It is 100% bolt-on and will accommodate any MOMO or Sparco wheel.

I don't mean to get commercial here. I just know there are scant few bolt-on solutions available, thus the new product. We can accommodate a wide variety of cars as well. I should have photos by the end of the week and hopefully we'll have our website up with secure on-line ordering. For now, if you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected].

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX

84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed

[This message has been edited by Geo (edited October 27, 2002).]