PDA

View Full Version : '95 200 sx SER - ITS

ITCCRX
10-05-2002, 03:08 PM
Hey does anyone know of a 200 sx SER in ITS?
I need some input. Tough class for the car, BUT!

EDP

Geo
10-05-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ITCCRX:
Hey does anyone know of a 200 sx SER in ITS?
I need some input. Tough class for the car, BUT!

EDP

Has it been classed yet? I've not seen anything to say it has. But, it should belong in ITS since the Sentra SE-R and NX2000 are. It shouldn't be too bad for the class. We are running an 92 Sentra SE-R right now and while it is a couple of seconds off the front pace, it still has plenty of development left. It won't be the overdog the E36 Bimmer is, but it should be a reasonable car when fully developed.

I can give you plenty of info on developing the car. One of the sore spots is the beam rear axle, but I can get you info about dealing with that.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX

84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed

Knestis
10-06-2002, 01:09 AM
Also, take a peek at www.2litre.itgo.com (http://www.2litre.itgo.com) - since you are interested in cars of this type, and see my recent related post in the Rules and Regs forum.

Kirk

ITCCRX
10-12-2002, 07:23 PM
So does anyone know of a 200 sx SER in ITS?
Or maybe someone planning to build one?

EDP

Knestis
10-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Not listed yet. Someone would have to request that it be spec'd for IT and it would, given current form, end up in S - no question. Until it is listed, nobody is going to build one, I wouldn't think.

Kirk

Geo
10-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ITCCRX:
So does anyone know of a 200 sx SER in ITS?
Or maybe someone planning to build one?

To my knowledge it has not been classified in IT.

If you would like to petition it, I can help you pull together the pertinent figures for it. I know of several people who are racing the Sentra SE-R/NX2000 in ITS and in all likelihood, I'll be racing one next month

Right now, classification is the biggest issue (although it should be pretty much a rubber stamp affair). If/when you are looking for development parts, I and a few others here can help point you in the right direction.

It should be in ITS and it's eligible now, but it's just not classified yet. So no, I don't know of anyone building a 200SX SE-R yet for ITS. I do know of at least two in the NASA SE-R Cup series.

BTW, if there is any specific information regarding this car or building one to IT specs that you're looking for, I'm sure I can provide it or get it to you.

------------------
George Roffe
Houston, TX

84 944 ITS car under construction
92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed

[This message has been edited by Geo (edited October 12, 2002).]