PDA

View Full Version : 510/610 Camber Nelson Ledges

amarkel
09-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Any 510 guys that run Nelson Ledges out there? What are you guys running for camber? I am about the only 610 in ITB and ran last race with 1.8 degrees on both sides, but it felt kind I could run more. I have got to figure this out and get the caster right because at the exit of turn 8 that patch(pothole) practically rips the wheel out of my hands.

Lawrence Mansier
09-17-2002, 01:49 PM
Kryderacing runs a 510 in GT4 at Nelsons. Try visiting them at www.kryderacing.com (http://www.kryderacing.com)

rbt510
09-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Camber is not your probelm with the "patch", but castor may be a factor.
You should maybe re-think if the shock and spring combinations are correct for the track. You may have to give up one corner to get the best setup for the rest of the track.

The LongAcre suggestion for camber is "The amount of static camber that you should run is a result of testing, pyrometer measurements, front suspension geometry and discussions with your car builder. Remember that poor camber settings will cause excessive tire wear. Camber settings set to extremes can reduce the braking ability of the car.How much caster should you run? The amount and split depends on the type of car and track conditions. The details should be worked out with your car builder and through testing. "

Their suggestion on caster "Positive caster provides the directional stability in your racecar. Too much positive caster will make the steering effort difficult. Power steering will allow you to run more positive caster. Negative caster requires less steering effort but can cause the car to wander down the straightaway.

For oval track racing most racers run more positive caster on the right side tire than on the left. The caster split helps pull the car down into the turn, helps the car turn in the center and helps it stay hooked up on exit. "

Good luck