PDA

View Full Version : ITS 240sx

murphyd
08-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Hey Guys, Here are a few pics of out ITS 240sx construction. Let me know what you think! Be kind !! www.murphymotorsports.net/construction.html (http://www.murphymotorsports.net/construction.html)

------------------
David Murphy
Murphy Motorsports

Tristan Smith
08-26-2002, 04:41 PM
Looks great. How far away from completion are at this point? What region do you run in/will be running?

Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

JeffYoung
08-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Hello Dave -- a fellow SEDiv/NCR soon to be competitor here. I'm in Raleigh, also building an ITS car (Triumph TR8, you laugh, I understand). You close to Raleigh? Would love to see your car/get together/talk about tech, licensing, etc.

Email is [email protected]. Shoot me a note if you get a second.

Car looks great by the way. Who did your cage? Is it a Kirk or Autopower, or custom?

Jeff

murphyd
08-27-2002, 09:30 AM
The car is very close to completion with the exception of installing the drivetrain, brakes (Tristan did you fix your problem?), belts, guages, etc... A lot of little things. We hope to run the car at the double ECR at Vir in Nov. I live in Reidsville, NC (30 miles from VIR). I ran the SARRC series in the past in a Z car but we will concentrate more on the ECR series and the Carolina Cup series with this car. It should make a good enduro car.

Jeff, Give me a call (336)402-0480 or email me ([email protected]) and I'll help you out as much as I can. If you haven't already contact James Shanks (address @ www.ncrscca.com) (http://www.ncrscca.com)) he is the Raleigh area chapter coordinator and could give you details about there monthly meetings. There are a lot of people in your area that are very involved in IT racing.

Check out my website (www.murphymotorsports.net) and you'll see pictures of our old Z and some other stuff. Thanks for the replies.

------------------
David Murphy
Murphy Motorsports

Tristan Smith
08-27-2002, 09:56 AM
David, I'll find out this weekend. I put on a new loaded caliper, and think it will fix the problem. But won't know till I get it out there. I could use a good weekend though, haven't had any this year yet with the limited amount that I have run. Need to make sure the sponsor doesn't question his decision/investment!!

Tristan Smith
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
ITA Nissan 240sx #56

murphyd
08-27-2002, 10:41 AM
Let us know how it goes! Can I email you off line about some sponsorship questions? I trying to get a proposal together and need all the info I can get.

------------------
David Murphy
Murphy Motorsports

Tristan Smith
08-27-2002, 11:45 AM
sure at:

[email protected]

Rob May
08-28-2002, 09:24 AM
Hey David. What happened to the Mazda you were going to build? You know, I thought you were seeing the light, but..... LOL Hope all goes well with your new project.

murphyd
08-28-2002, 09:30 AM
Rob, All was going well with the Mazda until we tore the engine down. Someone sold me a rotary with NO PISTONS! At that point we decided to cut our loses and build a normal car! Will you be at the Dbl ECR @ VIR in Nov? We hope to have that car running (in some form anyway) by then.