PDA

View Full Version : S14 Brakes 95 vs mid 96 &later

bbp
02-11-2002, 02:57 PM
I noticed on the Courtesy Nissan site that there are 2 different part numbers for brakes (caliper, rotor and pads) for a 95 and a mid 96.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/S14_brakes.html

Did the later cars come with bigger brakes?

Anyone know the differences?

thanks!!

handfulz28
02-12-2002, 12:21 AM
Sorry for just guessing here, but it might have something to do with ABS-equipped versus non-ABS equipped.
There's a site-www.freshalloy.com with some pretty knowledgeable people. If you can get past the punks and "rice" posts, there's good info to be had.
Michael

Banzai240
02-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by handfulz28:
Sorry for just guessing here, but it might have something to do with ABS-equipped versus non-ABS equipped.

That's correct... ABS was an option for many years, but became standard in the final years of production for the 240SX... Also, the NON-ABS cars may have had 4-lug wheels instead of 5.

bbp
02-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys! I was kinda hoping that the later cars had whopping 4 piston calipers with carbon discs! haha

My car has not made it to the track yet, but I was wondering how well the brakes worked. They look a bit on the small side. When I ran a Honda I learn that Honda means "no brakes" in Japanese;-)
any opinions?

mike

Banzai240
02-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by bbp:
My car has not made it to the track yet, but I was wondering how well the brakes worked.mike

Mike,

My '97 has the ABS brakes (still active) and with the proper pads, you'll lose tire grip WAY before you need to worry about losing the brakes (with proper cooling, that is).

These same brakes carried Grayson Upchurch to a 2nd place at Mid-Ohio during the E-Production race, so they should be just fine with the limited grip that the radial tires the IT cars use will supply...

Just make sure you get good air to them and use the right pads...

roberto
05-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Hi Banzai,

Mind telling us how you routed your ducts and what sort of hardward if any you used?

Rob