PDA

View Full Version : SE-R in ITS?

dpmurray
02-01-2002, 10:02 PM
How many Sentra SE-R's are running ITS? I have interest in the car, and may have found a good donor, but I am wondering if there is enough support for it and if it will ever be competitive.

What's the consensus?

Dennis

Greg Amy
02-01-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by dpmurray:
How many Sentra SE-R's are running ITS? I have interest in the car, and may have found a good donor, but I am wondering if there is enough support for it and if it will ever be competitive.

What's the consensus?

That depends...<grin> There's several of them out there, and several in process, with a few lists devoted to the car, both street, strip, and road racing (start at www.se-r.net) (http://www.se-r.net)).

Obviously, some feel it can be competitive, but it's a long row to hoe when compared to the dominating RX-7, the wildly potential BMW 3-series, and the underdog Acura Integra GSR. Hell, the Acura STARTS with 170 hp, right? The Nissan SR20DE (as underdeveloped as it is vice the Acura) starts at 140 hp. But, it's got LOTS of torque down low in comparison.

Jim Wolf Technology is working on some computers for it, HotShot makes good headers and exhaust, there are miscellaneous parts and pieces out there to make it work (Energy Suspensions, Ground Control, wheels, tires, shocks, etc). The car is fairly well sorted after having been raced for 10 years in showrom stock (most enthusiasts know all the tricks and trials). The problem is that there's never really been a completely well thought out and implemented ITS SR20DE-powered car.

Out of sentimentality for them (I used to race in SSB) I'm prepping my old NX2000 for ITS (http://www.gatm.com/cars/nx2000/). I'm gonna have fun, and I suspect maybe turn a few heads.

If you're looking for easy pickings, the SE-R might not be the way to go; go buy a SpeedSource RX. But, the little red rocket <grin> does have potential...

Greg A

Knestis
02-02-2002, 01:27 AM
Define your goals. If you really want to win, probably not. Affordable, multipurpose kind of car but the victim of bad IT math.

Want to vote for the creation of "IT2", for all of the 2200#/130hp econoboxes out there? Marginalized by ITS classification and no chance of ever being reclassed to A, destined for a life of uselessness...

It's a sad story.

Kirk

Russell
02-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Yeah. I have one that I am building despite people telling me not to. I think that is the way of the SE-R enthusiast though. I hope to have mine ready for 2003. It should be a fun car regardless. I will hopefully get the cage in in a month or so. I like the cage in the CRX on the tech pages.

Has anyone tried the Ground Control Advance Design Struts??