PDA

View Full Version : Any 2002 racers in SoCal?

Brent
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM
hi,

i'm considering building a 2002 for track use. no competition racing now, but i may get into that after college, when i can afford it. only reason for it right now, is i'm not too fond of the beating my e36 m3 takes when i track it, that and i'm really scared of having an off in it.

i'm just wondering if there are any 2002 racers in southern california? between LA and San Luis (i live in santa barbara), that would be willing to give me some advice, and let me check out their cars for some ideas.

thanks,
Brent

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited March 15, 2005).]

BMW RACER
03-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Brent. You've got nothing planned this weekend, right! Come out to Buttonwillow and check out the 2002s in ITB. Also call Darren Young 310-575-4445 or Tom Cleave 310-821-5050. They can help you with your 2002 dream. If you make it out come by and say hi!
John Norris
[email protected]
Black ITS #07 BMW 325

Brent
03-16-2005, 02:17 AM
dang, the one weekend i am busy! maybe i can come out saturday, although thats a bit of a drive for a few hours one afternoon (about 3-4 from santa barbara)

would you happen to have email addresses for both darren and tom? i'd rather have them tell me to give them a call, rather than to say "some guy on the internet told me to call you" you know how it is, unless they own a shop or something, then i'll probably just call.

by the way. your name sounds really familiar. got it! you reply to the CCA LA yahoo group, gt internatonal motors, right? actually, one came through yesterday about tech inspection.

BMW RACER
03-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Brent. Ya got me! Yup, I own GT International Motors. 310-575-4249. Darrens email is: [email protected]. Tom is an analog man I don't think he has email, but if you call mention my name. We go way back. Too bad you cant make it out. There is an SCCA regional at Laguna April 2-3, I don't think I'll be there, but Jeff Francis should be, and he's a good guy with a 2002.
Hope you can make it to Buttonwillow, we race both days.
John