PDA

View Full Version : 2002 in ITB?

ITSRX7
02-16-2004, 09:24 AM
We all know about the Volvo's in ITB. A 320 took pole at the AARC and the Northeastern Audi's are getting faster...

Can a maxed out 2002 still compete? Have a line on a nice one and would like to be able to run with the top flight cars IF driver and car are up to it. Let's compare top cars to top cars - can it be done?

AB

------------------
Andy Bettencourt
06 ITS RX-7
FlatOut Motorsports
New England Region #188967

Dave Ebersole
02-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Andy, Check out the DC Region results from 2003. Typically 5-6 '02's in the top ten. The MARRS ITB champ last year (Bill Radford) raced an '02. The majority of races are run at Summit Point, usually two out-of-region(VIR and WGI in'04).
Good Luck,
Dave Ebersole
O=00=O

[This message has been edited by Dave Ebersole (edited February 16, 2004).]

GKR_17
02-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ITSRX7:
Can a maxed out 2002 still compete?... Let's compare top cars to top cars - can it be done?

Assuming the car legal, no. Any car can finish well in class depending on how strong the competition is... I haven't seen a track where any legal 2002 can beat the best Volvo's or GTi's in recent history.

Grafton

zracer22
02-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by GKR_17:
Assuming the car legal, no. Any car can finish well in class depending on how strong the competition is... I haven't seen a track where any legal 2002 can beat the best Volvo's or GTi's in recent history.

Grafton

Not true. Jerry Zaleski in a 2002 and Bob Criss in a Volvo have had terrific battles for first place finishes in large ITB fields at Mid Ohio and Nelson Ledges.

Tim
02-17-2004, 11:17 PM
I will be racing a 73 02 in NER, mostly LRP this season. Car came from Arizona. Just pulling it out of storage to start prepping. Can't wait for the green. Car is white, if you see me at the track, please stop by and say hello, I 'm sure I will be back here with lots of questions once I get into this car. Where are the 02 guys?

nyracer
02-18-2004, 05:00 PM
I just sold my '76 to two guys out on LI who are planning on running it in the Norheast this year. Looking at the LRP laptimes from last year in ITB, 1:05s and 1:06s, I think this car should still be competitive.

------------------
BMW 325i ITS #8 NYR
motorcycleservices.com
herculescarwash.com

RSTPerformance
02-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Andy... Another Flat-Out car?

You guys have to many cars!!!

The BMW that qualified pole finished just in front of stephen (second) door handle to door handle with Stephen.

The car WAS found legal after tear down, although at grid we all wondered as it seemed to have a "cam" sound...

Raymond "come play with us" Blethen...

seems to be a lot of ITB cars coming to the Northeast???

Prince Makaha
02-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Whatever happened to that Plymouth Turismo TC-3 that did so well in ITB?

RSTPerformance
03-05-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Prince Makaha:
Whatever happened to that Plymouth Turismo TC-3 that did so well in ITB?

He got booted for not having door panels! After he did his entire tear down on his engine. My guess is that he wasn't liked by the tech guys. Unfourtunatly The ARRC is a big game they don't really play fair from the stewards down to tech. If your liked you'll do good if not they'll do all they can to get you out! I felt really bad since I finished 4th and got a 3rd place trophy. That Omni thing was definetly the fastest car and should have probably one the race if he had a better start. I don't disagree that his car was illegal but they should have either said something after qualifying or at least before he tore his engine down for them! Good luck to him next year!

Stephen

RSTPerformance
03-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Stephen-

How is a Plymouth Turismo TC-3 a Dodge Omni?

Sorry to hijack the BMW thread with American car talk http://Forum.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif but I had to take the opertunity...

Raymond "stephens twin" Blethen

lobster
03-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi all, John Norris drove the wheels off his in so pac for years!! He won many races in a 2002 and preped the car to the nines. They are really fast and work real well in ITB and ITC (1600cc) Glenn