PDA

View Full Version : E30 325 ITS fuel sample acquisition

bimmerpower
03-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Hi.

I was just reading on another board about the fuel sample acquisition ports people had installed. Got to thinking about it, and there is no aftermarket/custom installed acquisition port on my car. in the GCR, it states that ( 17.4.2 ) "Cars equipped with a factory fuel pressure test port ( e.g. fuel injected SS, T, IT, SRF, etc. ) or competitors having factory fuel pressure test equipment available, are not required to have an additional fuel sampling port."

My question, does an e30 325is have this? or do I need to conjure up something before my annual tech in a couple days.

thanks much

wade powell

zracer22
03-18-2004, 03:18 PM
You will need to add one. The best place to do it is after the fuel pressure regulator on the return line. This is a low pressure line and the safest place to do it. I used a brass "T" fitting and enought EFI fuel line to reach 18" from the car. At the end of the hose a put a fitting that accepts a threaded plug.

mlytle
03-18-2004, 06:54 PM
on my e30 i used the $20 fitting from fuelports.com and put it on the feed line right next to the fuel filter back by the tank. it is out of the engine compt so it is safer, and easy to get to by just reaching under and hooking up the valve. if you spill any it goes on the ground, not the car.

this valve in this location also makes a great way to depressurize the fuel system when you want to work on it. it is at the low point of the system so it is easy to drain pressure off into a container.

marshall