PDA

View Full Version : Cam for E30 325i

jclyon
04-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Looking for recommendations for a good cam for my 325i. I am running the larger AFM, Honed intake, and Stahl header and 4.10 gears. What is the popular grind out there?

Thanks,
Jeff

James Clay
04-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Schrick 288. Lumpy idle may make it illegal for IT...

------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
James Clay
http://www.bimmerworld.com
Engineered BMW Performance
World Challenge/SCCA/BMWCCA Racecar Rental
Genuine OEM and Used BMW Parts
(540) 639-9648

mlytle
04-10-2003, 06:30 PM
since this an scca improved touring board, and cams, afm and honed intakes are illegal in it racing, i am afraid none of us will be able to help you. we don't know anything at all about this stuff.

now if this for your non-improved touring street/auto-x car, well....;-)

marshall

zracer22
04-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Jeff
Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in buying a slightly used Schrick 288 cam.

jclyon
04-15-2003, 12:16 PM
I am running in BMW CCA prepared class so all that stuff is legal. So I am open to any suggestions that would be illegal in IT. :-]

bill f
04-15-2003, 01:19 PM
posted April 10, 2003 06:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Schrick 288. Lumpy idle may make it illegal for IT..."

I take it this is the new standard for IT...?

I like it!!

Good racing. Bill

Harry
04-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by James Clay:

This is a bit of a mystery as I believe you were the one selling cheater parts on your website.
Your BUSTED!
Harry http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/tongue.gif

Harry
04-19-2003, 09:58 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but you were selling cheater parts like this on your website. No way Clay this is not the way we play.
YOUR BUSTED!
Harry

Harry
04-19-2003, 10:11 AM

This is a little bit of a mystery as I believe your selling cheater parts on your website. No way Clay this is not the way to play.
Busted!
Harry

lateapex911
04-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Harry, you ARE joking, right?

Ifm you'd like a cam advertised as "Stealth IT cheater grind" for BMWs, I can send you to the seller. He advertises ways to cheat without getting caught...

James advetises ways to win without cheating. Bit of difference, me thinks.....

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]

James Clay
04-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Harry:
This is a little bit of a mystery as I believe your selling cheater parts on your website. No way Clay this is not the way to play.
Busted!
Harry

Harry-

Have you been to our website? We sell parts for all BMWs, street to pro race. This includes cams and lots of other parts that are cheater parts, but we don't reccomend or suggest they be used, or even knowingly sell them for that use. We are not the ones that sold the "undetectable" 318i cam.

I would have been on this a little sooner but I was at VIR this weekend with the 28 car, still for sale, turning lapS about 1 second under the track record with a legal car. Did I mention this car is for sale and as World Challenge season gets further along, I am a little negotiable on the price?

James
All effort possible devoted to holding my tongue on this one...

------------------
James Clay
(540) 639-9648

RacerRick
05-02-2003, 03:06 PM
James,
You used to have the group N cam as part of you IT engine package. Just after the ARRC it dissapeared. The expanation was it was a blueprinted stock part, and the implication was itwas a legal part.
What's the real story?

James Clay
05-02-2003, 04:06 PM
Nope, sorry. Never part of our engine package and I have never bought a set. I have been aware of them since day 1. Since I don't tell anyone what is in our engines, including customers, I would be interested to find out how you know what the package includes.

------------------
James Clay
(540) 639-9648

RacerRick
05-05-2003, 01:58 PM
Nope, sorry. Never part of our engine package and I have never bought a set. I have been aware of them since day 1. Since I don't tell anyone what is in our engines, including customers, I would be interested to find out how you know what the package includes.

Actually, James I saw this info on your website. Like I said, it was there before the ARRC protest, then it was gone.

BTW, your customers, and anyone else should be able to figure out what cam they have just by looking. A Group N is so different in profile from stock a Cam Dr. is not needed to tell them apart.

James Clay
05-05-2003, 03:08 PM
I think I mentioned them on the IT Forums before, but they were obviously not in our car at the ARRC, and if you are inclined to take my word for it, I never put them on the website and I have never bought a set. There is something called the wayback machine that lets you view past versions of websites if you want to follow up. No engine specs have ever been posted on our website and we have never even listed the engine package for sale, other than a line item under cars for sale.

------------------
James Clay
(540) 639-9648

jared
05-05-2003, 04:53 PM
The archive.org (waybackmachine) web site logs a lot of web sites including bimmerworld.com.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.bimmerworld.com

It's a cool site if you want to check out old versions of different web sites.

Jared

PS - I didn't see the cams listed on the older versions of James' website.

erlrich
05-05-2003, 05:32 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\"> PS - I didn't see the cams listed on the older versions of James' website.</font>

Cool website James! Went there just out of curiosity, but as long as I was there... there was the Bimmerworld site, big as life. Had many versions from 2000, 2001, and Jan, May, and Jun of 2002. Guess what - no mention of any cams on the IT pages. Shocking!!!

------------------
Earl
ITA 240SX in process

[This message has been edited by erlrich (edited May 05, 2003).]