PDA

View Full Version : E36 Chassis/Suspension

93ITSBMW
04-04-2003, 11:53 AM
What components from the E36 Suspension/Chassis can be legally installed on an E36 ITS chassis i.e., what are the weak components that can be upgraded with stronger M3 suspension/chassis parts if any?

Also, what parts of the E36 chassis/suspension should be welded to strengthen the car for race duty?

Thanks for your help.

93ITSBMW
04-08-2003, 10:08 AM
No love....

nyracer
04-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Best bet is to call Turner or Bimmerworld.

Greg Amy
04-08-2003, 11:27 AM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Best bet is to call Turner or Bimmerworld.</font>

...or get a copy of the rulebook...

James Clay
04-08-2003, 01:42 PM
I dont want to be the guy that has an opinion on everything. You know where we are if you want to get the parts...

------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
James Clay
http://www.bimmerworld.com
Engineered BMW Performance
World Challenge/SCCA/BMWCCA Racecar Rental
Genuine OEM and Used BMW Parts
(540) 639-9648
-----------------------------------------------------------

93ITSBMW
04-08-2003, 03:02 PM
James,
You are the guy that has an opinion on everything because your very knowledgable and experienced and I think that is an admirable quality. From what I can see on this board you get a lot of respect for it as well.

Thanks for your time.

93ITSBMW
04-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Grega,
The rulebook doesn't tell you were to weld.

Greg Amy
04-09-2003, 02:02 PM
<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">The rulebook doesn't tell you were to weld.</font>

Sure it does: all the places where the repair manuals allow. The rulebooks specify you cannot make any repairs or modifications for the purpose of gaining a competitive advantage unless specifically allowed. You yourself have admitted that welding is not listed in those allowable modifications.

Therefore, unless you're looking to either cheat or gain an uncompetitive advantage via welding, all your answers can be found in the factory repair manual.

Pretty simple, huh?

GregA