PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Rear Shock Towers

Tkczecheredflag
01-14-2003, 01:22 AM
Does anyone have a source for 2002 rear shock towers, I thought I saw them advertised in a catalog.
Tim Klvana
ITC #31

Tim
01-16-2003, 01:13 AM
Tim, check Maximillian, they have just about everything. Are you jumping ship on your ITC for an 02 in ITB?

I am, just bought an 02 and now need to sell the Rabbit.

Tkczecheredflag
01-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Hey Tim-No I'm staying in ITC. My brother-in-law has an 02 and the rear towers are showing rot. He asked me to nose around for a resource. Have you posted your VW? If not give me some details in case I hear of someone looking.
Tim

Tim
01-16-2003, 11:15 AM
Tim, if the shock towers are just "showing rot" they may be repairable with patches welded in. Doing a full blown replacement is quite a bit of work, he would really have to be dedicated to the car and assess the whole thing for viability. I have a 76 02 with patch repair and it is fine. http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/2002/ this is the source for all things 02 and one of the most active boards I have ever seen, you can get reliable parts and info here.

I will be taking some photos of the rabbit this weekend and posting a write up. It is an 80 rabbit with new shine suspension, camber plates, two rear bars, nice cage, 3 sets of wheels + rains and spares. It has been a very reliable car for me in my first season, started and finished every race, won the LRP 3 hour enduro for ITC. I will let you know when I post pics etc, thanks.

Do you race a rabbit or a CRX???
ps my moms maiden name was Kuzcmiack, ha we are everywhere!

Tkczecheredflag
01-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Tim - I have the #31 ITC CRX. We were able to clinch the 2002 NERRC and I plan to run the NERRC/NARRC schedule this year. Thanks for the info on the towers. I saw them today and I believe the could be repaired. Send me the photo when you post your car or let me know it's up in the classified.

TK