PDA

View Full Version : 325is for ITS

prodogdriver
08-23-2002, 11:09 AM
I am planing to purchase a '94 325is from a local junkyard, I plan to prep the car for ITS. Are there any favorite places to buy used sheet metal(body parts)? I wil also need the standard performance parts.

mlytle
08-23-2002, 11:23 AM
for internet or mail order, my favorite place is bimmerssouth. big bmw recycling operation in georgia. rust free parts, nice people, great service.
http://www.bimmerssouth.com/

marshall
e30 its

prodogdriver
08-23-2002, 01:54 PM
Their on-line catalog lists 95% of the parts I need! thanks

mlytle
08-23-2002, 02:39 PM
your welcome!

oh great. i just helped another e36 get out on the track to beat up on poor e30's like mine.... http://Forums.ImprovedTouring.com/it/wink.gif

marshall

mazing3
08-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by prodogdriver:
I am planing to purchase a '94 325is from a local junkyard, I plan to prep the car for ITS. Are there any favorite places to buy used sheet metal(body parts)? I wil also need the standard performance parts.

Bimmersouth is a good group of people. Vines is another one to contact. Strictly German is OK for parts but clueless when it comes to race prep and race car stuff no matter what they tell you. You NEED to contact Bimmerworld if you want to be a contender in an E36.

Where are you anyway?

Robbie
#10 ITS E36 Atlanta

prodogdriver
08-23-2002, 04:02 PM
No need to worry about me for competition, I'm in CENDIV. (Indiana) I might run some Midwest Council also. I plan to only run a few races a year. I don't see myself at the ARRC at any point. A guy I work with runs BMW club events with his M3, he also recommends Bimmerworld, thx.

zracer22
08-23-2002, 06:16 PM
Ground Control for suspension components.

mazing3
08-23-2002, 06:21 PM
A guy I work with runs BMW club events with his M3, he also recommends Bimmerworld, thx.

Who's the guy? I raced BMW CR for a long time in my M3. Even won the National Championship in that car in 2000.

Robbie

prodogdriver
08-24-2002, 09:29 AM
His name is Wayne Leuthold, he runs an M3 lightweight in the BMW club prepared class.

eh_tony!!!
08-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Quick note to anyone needing body parts.. A friend of mine owns a performace garage/body shop and mentioned how cheap non BMW replacement body parts were... Somehting like $75 or so for a 5 series front fender.. Said the 3's were similar.. $75 may not be right, but it is prolly less. I do remember being quite shocked at how reasonable they were.

mazing3
08-24-2002, 04:04 PM
His name is Wayne Leuthold, he runs an M3 lightweight in the BMW club prepared class.

Ahhh... Mr. Leuthold. Tell him you met me out here. Robbie Kollar. He knows me quite well. We were both battling in HS together back when I raced BMWCR. Say hi for me.
Do you work at Tirerack too?

Robbie

prodogdriver
08-24-2002, 08:18 PM
Yes, I also work at Tirerack. I take possession of the 325 next week. I feel that I have made a good car choice. Also this site has proven to be an invaluable resource, thank you everybody.

m3ltw
09-05-2002, 02:13 PM
Personally, I wouldn't run your BMW in Midwest Council. It won't last.

They don't seem to care about contact (at least at the last Road America event), and don't have a rule allowing protests for intentional driver contact/aggressive driving. One of their BMW drivers is known for intentionally hitting his competition (even within BMW CR).

prodogdriver
09-05-2002, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I also heard about that council race from other people. In fact there was an on-line video clearly showing a Mustang causing a 4 car pile up in turn one at the start! And I was told that an E36 went backwards into the wall resulting in heavy damage to his car.

m3ltw
09-06-2002, 06:43 PM
And I was told that an E36 went backwards into the wall resulting in heavy damage to his car.

The BMW was struck twice by another E36. First at the exit to turn 6, and then again when the following car drove right into the lead car (never lifted). People who were watching the race (including corner workers) said the following driver couldn't have made the corner without hitting the lead car (e.g.; it wasn't the leader's fault).

IStock
09-10-2002, 09:02 AM
Who is this guy? Please reply privately if you do not wish to post his name. I am going to be racing ITS in the CenDiv and I thought MC next year and need to know who to look out for.

Thanks,
Mike

prodogdriver
09-10-2002, 11:27 AM
Mike, send me an email, [email protected]

mazing3
09-10-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by IStock:
Who is this guy? Please reply privately if you do not wish to post his name. I am going to be racing ITS in the CenDiv and I thought MC next year and need to know who to look out for.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike what's your last name? I used to do I Stock in BMW CR. I'm also curious who this bang 'em up guy is too.

Robbie [email protected]
#10 ITS BMW Sediv

ITBMW3
09-17-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by mazing3:

Mike what's your last name? I used to do I Stock in BMW CR. I'm also curious who this bang 'em up guy is too.

Robbie [email protected]
#10 ITS BMW Sediv

FYI, he was DQ'd by the stewards for rough driving after the race.

I have run Council for a long time and have found the contact to be minimal. There are always individual exceptions in any group.

I usually lurk, but felt I should speak up. Council should not be condemend due to the actions of one guy.

Mark

ITB 3201