E30 14" x 7" wheels

• Thread starter Thread starter zracer22
  • Start date Start date
Z

zracer22

What wheels are you all running? I have been using 14x7 Diamond Racing steel wheels at 22lbs each. They also have a lighter wheel at 15lbs each, but I already have 50lbs of ballast in the car. I have my rains mounted on 14 x 6 Borbet Type T wheels.

Hey Z, I used to run Revolutions on my E-30 'till one broke (sound farmiliar) then I went to Panasports, not the cheapest but a very good wheel. As far as your weight issue I think you are better off with the ballast inside the car not on the ends of your axles.

Did the Panasports clear the front calipers, or did you need spacers? How deep is the backspace?

at least with the 14x7 panasports i use on my e30 with 225/50's, i need a 5mm spacer to keep the tire off the strut.

marshall

Dang!! That was about six years ago, and i sold the car 1997 to Massari / Mueller. I think the car still lives in the South East. But as I remember the Panasports bolted right on with 225x50x14 Toyo's.

I ran 14x7 Panasports on my E30. They will bolt right up with Toyo 225/50 14. But with 225/50 14 Hoosiers, you will need spacers to keep them off the struts. I found this out the hard way! The Hoosiers must at least 1/2 inch wider, maybe more.

BMW Racer, you ex-E30 is still in the SouthEast. I see it every now and then. I just happen to know the car since I had an E30 at the time and knew the owners. Not sure who owns it now.

Back